took some video underwater and here's what happened

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I'm currently on vacay in Myrtle Beach. Took some video underwater of my daughter and the camera worked fantastic. I didn't get any warnings and I let the phone dry out. So that night I went to plug it in and it started charging as normal. At some point in the night it detected moisture and stopped charging which is fine. So I plugged it in later and it charged fully normally, but when I unplugged it, it kept ringing like I was plugging in it and unplugging it consecutively. To fix this all I did was turned the volume off and turned it back up and everything was normal. Was a little weird but the phone still works great.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I'm currently on vacay in Myrtle Beach. Took some video underwater of my daughter and the camera worked fantastic. I didn't get any warnings and I let the phone dry out. So that night I went to plug it in and it started charging as normal. At some point in the night it detected moisture and stopped charging which is fine. So I plugged it in later and it charged fully normally, but when I unplugged it, it kept ringing like I was plugging in it and unplugging it consecutively. To fix this all I did was turned the volume off and turned it back up and everything was normal. Was a little weird but the phone still works great.

Yeah same thing happened to me when i took my G6 in sea water and then washed it under tap water...then after many warning of moisture i dried the charging port with hair dyer and in a day phone was back to normal

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I've been on vacation this week and been in either a pool or the ocean water.

Seeing this thread made me so tempted to try using my S8+ under water but I always chickened out haaaa ?!?!

N_LaRUE

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Not to be the sour person here just a slight warning.

Using your phone in anything other than room temperature tap water would void your warranty.

Swimming pools typically have chlorine, would most likely cause issues for you phone. Salt water is a big no go. Salt is highly corrosive and would eventually kill your phone. Hot showers is also a no go.

IP68 is not waterproof and is most definitely not saltwater proof. The test is done with plain tap water and how it's approved.

The choice is yours of course. If you're willing to risk it. The IP ratings on phones is for 'accidental' water.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
these phones are not meant to be used for under water photography. they are not water proof only water resistant. your carrier and manufacture will not cover water damage for the phone under warranty ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze