Helium issues?

Graymonkey

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I just got my new LG G6 and am trying to back up some game data from my old Nexus 6P. I got the 6P to connect to the computer (Win7) which enables Helium however I can't get the G6 to connect with the Helium program on the computer. I get "Waiting for the Helium Desktop application...." which never goes away. I've enabled dev controls and turned on USB debugging.

Has anyone ever used this app on an LG G6? Have you had this issue? What was the solution?

I don't know if the Helium app is junk, if my new phone is junk or if there's something I haven't enabled.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
!! What timing!

Yeah, I'm having all sorts of problems. On my work laptop, which I KNOW has a working adb install, it's twitchy to detect the phone and usually takes a little fiddling with toggling the USB connection type and unplugging the thing a few times. Eventually I can get it connected though.

But that's not where it ends. If I create a backup set, it's corrupt. It'll only pick up that you backed up about 7 or 8 apps even though if you look in the folders, you'll see them all. I backed up to Google Drive and attempted to restore to a different phone, same issue... lots of files, app only sees like 8.

In addition...

The PC Download function is nearly the same. It'll create a 670MB backup.zip file that the PC pulls down, but if you look inside the zip, there's only about 12 files or so. So that didn't work.

And if you do a peer to peer, my 6P can't connect to the G6, gives a connection error... vice versa the G6 has no issues connecting to the 6P.

Something about that phone and Helium doesn't jive.

Graymonkey

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site

At least I know I'm not alone. Any idea what else to use? I used NFC to get most of the data from my 6P to my G6 but that game data didn't come over. I need to find something before I factory reset and sell my 6P.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance