Anyone have response issues??

anon(10221500)

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I feel like the screen response is s bit wonky on the G6.
I'll tap something sometimes and nothing. I have to make sure I give it a good tap square on whatever I'm aiming at.
Sometimes it will scroll a bit instead of activating. And it's not just with one handed use either.
Maybe I'm just not used to it yet. But my last phone (G4) was very responsive.

Anyone???

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector on your device? Sometimes lower quality protectors can cause response issues. I have one but experience no response or touch lag issues.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Funny you should bring this up, mine has been fine until two days ago, but its been kinda hit or miss since then, I just chalked it up to some random something that will pass . . ..

anon(10221500)

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Are you having touch issues in just a certain part of your screen? If not, it sounds like it could be your screen protector.

It's not in a particular spot - i guess I should take the screen protector off and see if it's still an issue.
I'm not saying this is a manufacturing issue but I've had many phones in my lifetime and this one just seems different regarding touch response.
Maybe it's just my fat fingers - LoL

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It's not in a particular spot - i guess I should take the screen protector off and see if it's still an issue.
I'm not saying this is a manufacturing issue but I've had many phones in my lifetime and this one just seems different regarding touch response.
Maybe it's just my fat fingers - LoL
It sucks because I haven't heard of this issue at all.. Is it with the keyboard?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
On the G6? No....

But LG has had a long history of phones with less than desirable touch performance. Both the G3 and G4 had touch issues, worse so for my wife, who sort of had a love hate with her G4 and was always complaining about the touch response. From some people I've talked to, the G5 wasn't exactly world leading in that category, either.

But my wife's G6 is actually quite good... so... I can only assume that the problem you are having isn't a systemic problem.. so there's a chance that there is something you can do to fix it .

anon(10221500)

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
On the G6? No....

But LG has had a long history of phones with less than desirable touch performance. Both the G3 and G4 had touch issues, worse so for my wife, who sort of had a love hate with her G4 and was always complaining about the touch response. From some people I've talked to, the G5 wasn't exactly world leading in that category, either.

But my wife's G6 is actually quite good... so... I can only assume that the problem you are having isn't a systemic problem.. so there's a chance that there is something you can do to fix it .

That's strange cause I just had a G4 for 2+ years and never a problem.
I think it's the new screen ratio - maybe stretching the screen is messing with it.

anon(10221500)

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
It sucks because I haven't heard of this issue at all.. Is it with the keyboard?

It's not relegated to the keyboard but it seems like it happens all over at random times.
Who knows maybe you just need to be a little more precise where you tap - maybe before the area that reads the touch was bigger and you didn't need to be right on the spot - kinda like a wireless charger??

bobdob

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
For me, part of it is that everything on this screen is tinier, so I do need to be more precise about where I touch. But it doesn't feel abnormally insensitive.

Maybe you can try another phone in a store just to make sure you don't have an actual issue with yours.

anon(10221500)

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
For me, part of it is that everything on this screen is tinier, so I do need to be more precise about where I touch. But it doesn't feel abnormally insensitive.

Maybe you can try another phone in a store just to make sure you don't have an actual issue with yours.

Thanks - did that. It's the same - so it's not the phone.
I'm convinced it's the new screen ratio.
I don't think it's a major problem - I just started this post to see if anyone else noticed it or if I was just losing my mind :)

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm odd. Now that i see this thread i think i might have a similar issue, i do have what seems to be a glass protector on it's front which i assume could explain it, either that or i'm going crazy (which to be fair might be closer to the truth ahah). Still think the g6 performs better overall than the s8 i had previously. Overall still think it's more responsive on the g6 with animations on .5 everything feels much faster imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34