Photo Editing - What do you use?

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to know what you guys used for your photo editing. Are you a snapseed, vsco, Google Photos or "unnamed" app?

Last edited:

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Kinda intruding, I'm on an S8.

Mostly Snapseed. I only started editing picks to posts pics/home screens. And when I started making my own wallpapers. I messed around with Samsung's editing tools, which I like actually. I kinda switch between both to be honest.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Kinda intruding, I'm on an S8.

Mostly Snapseed. I only started editing picks to posts pics/home screens. And when I started making my own wallpapers. I messed around with Samsung's editing tools, which I like actually. I kinda switch between both to be honest.
Oh that's cool.. I don't believe lg has its own, but when you click edit on a pic it opens Google Photos editor

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It depends on what I'm doing I have Snapseed, but I find it doesn't retain colors as well as some others. For example:

3a2021df6b226e11ce7df2589b398cee.jpg

The main image is straight out of the camera. The lower insert is the best I could do with Snapseed, and the upper was with Photoshop Express. Notice how Snapseed really blew out the purple in her glove, and the lack of red eye removal. Photoshop Express was much better at retaining the color accuracy. While that may have been in part do to my skills, PE still beats it simply for having red eye removal for both people and pets. Not sure about Snapseed, but PE can use both the DNG RAW files your phone creates and other RAW formats like from my Olympus DSLR.

Where Snapseed does win out, are two big areas. The biggest is it seems to be the only app capable of reading the DNG RAW files properly on photos taken by my V20. PE and Lightroom Mobile both render the RAW files as 1MP images and thus save them at this reduced resolution.

(Side note, the V20 is the only phone I've had with this issue. Using PE and Lightroom Mobile on my G4 didn't have problems with reducing RAW resolutions. So I don't know if this is even an issue on the G6.)

The other positive of Snapseed is the ability to selectively edit certain areas of a photo. It's limited to just a few edit functions like exposure or dodge/burning, but other apps are only global adjustments.

Another one I often use is Photo Editor

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.iudesk.android.photo.editor&token=OXyD6EdB

If anyone saw the supposed GIMP app in the Play store not long ago, it was a complete copy of this app, to which the developer filled a copyright claim to get the fake GIMP app pulled.

Photo Editor has some very good crop, text, and batch processing features. It also seems to have a lot of additional powerful tools, but I haven't got that deep into the weeds with it. I use it mainly to crop for Facebook posting and to create text for meme photos. Lol.

bobdob

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
gimp. on the computer. I can't do any serious editing on the phone.

raw works as it should in lightroom and photoshop express on the g6. i kind of prefer lightroom but how it works can be a bit complex.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
gimp. on the computer. I can't do any serious editing on the phone.

raw works as it should in lightroom and photoshop express on the g6. i kind of prefer lightroom but how it works can be a bit complex.
For computer, I use GIMP too. And RAW Therapee.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
It depends on what I'm doing I have Snapseed, but I find it doesn't retain colors as well as some others. For example:

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170715/3a2021df6b226e11ce7df2589b398cee.jpg

The main image is straight out of the camera. The lower insert is the best I could do with Snapseed, and the upper was with Photoshop Express. Notice how Snapseed really blew out the purple in her glove, and the lack of red eye removal. Photoshop Express was much better at retaining the color accuracy. While that may have been in part do to my skills, PE still beats it simply for having red eye removal for both people and pets. Not sure about Snapseed, but PE can use both the DNG RAW files your phone creates and other RAW formats like from my Olympus DSLR.

Where Snapseed does win out, are two big areas. The biggest is it seems to be the only app capable of reading the DNG RAW files properly on photos taken by my V20. PE and Lightroom Mobile both render the RAW files as 1MP images and thus save them at this reduced resolution.

(Side note, the V20 is the only phone I've had with this issue. Using PE and Lightroom Mobile on my G4 didn't have problems with reducing RAW resolutions. So I don't know if this is even an issue on the G6.)

The other positive of Snapseed is the ability to selectively edit certain areas of a photo. It's limited to just a few edit functions like exposure or dodge/burning, but other apps are only global adjustments.

Another one I often use is Photo Editor

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.iudesk.android.photo.editor&token=24RW3gzj

If anyone saw the supposed GIMP app in the Play store not long ago, it was a complete copy of this app, to which the developer filled a copyright claim to get the fake GIMP app pulled.

Photo Editor has some very good crop, text, and batch processing features. It also seems to have a lot of additional powerful tools, but I haven't got that deep into the weeds with it. I use it mainly to crop for Facebook posting and to create text for meme photos. Lol.

Wow. PE did a killer job on that pic. I need to check that out.

bobdob

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
raw works as it should in lightroom and photoshop express on the g6.

Correcting myself a bit here.

It "works as it should" as in lightroom actually works on the raw image and not the tiny jpeg preview embedded in it.

But I tried something today I had not previously done - change the white balance - and choosing anything other than the 'as shot' choice gave some really off colors.

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Can someone send me the g play store link for square camera that came preinstaled with g6 ? After i pulled up my g3 backup the app was gone ofc but i can't find it in play store and on the 1st day i did.. :V and p.s. yeah i know i have it in stock camera app, but the square cam app was cool.. 😁

ubizmo

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been using SnapSeed for a few months, since my sister walked me through some of the ways she uses it. I noticed she was getting very good results and was curious, because she uses an actual point-and-shoot camera to take pictures, but edits them with SnapSeed on an Android tablet.

It takes a while to get the hang of it, but SnapSeed can really make a difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11