G6 to V30? [If it looks like this!]

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It's gorgeous and I do like the 2nd screen BUT I prefer always on display and would want that along with 2nd screen or Always On Display only. For that reason only I'd stick to a G6 over the V30

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It's gorgeous and I do like the 2nd screen BUT I prefer always on display and would want that along with 2nd screen or Always On Display only. For that reason only I'd stick to a G6 over the V30

You're in luck, the V30 is ditching the 2nd screen in favor of AMOLED.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I wish the G6 came with the 6gb memory and SD835, but I'm very impressed and happy with my G6 so far. Considering I've only had it for 2 months then no I won't be moving to the V30

Plus I took advantage of the AT&T deal for the G6, so over 2 years I'll only pay $360 for the G6 ???????????? (if I keep the phone that long lol)

LG G6 Plus maybe? It'll have those.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I wish the G6 came with the 6gb memory and SD835, but I'm very impressed and happy with my G6 so far. Considering I've only had it for 2 months then no I won't be moving to the V30

Plus I took advantage of the AT&T deal for the G6, so over 2 years I'll only pay $360 for the G6 👍👍 (if I keep the phone that long lol)

LG G6 Plus maybe? It'll have those.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree, I don't care for removable batteries but I do feel bad for those that do. I feel like here soon their only option will be mid range phones that likely won't get any updates.

At this point I can't think of anyone in the last 2 years that did removable battery besides LG.

I've been around smartphones for a very long time and know how useful the removable battery is. If you upgrade once a year, then you shouldn't worry. If you plan to keep it for a while, you might be worried. Li Ion batteries can only last so long before a drop in battery life. Not only that, having to find a power source all the time, asking people "can I borrow your charger?".

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been around smartphones for a very long time and know how useful the removable battery is. If you upgrade once a year, then you shouldn't worry. If you plan to keep it for a while, you might be worried. Li Ion batteries can only last so long before a drop in battery life. Not only that, having to find a power source all the time, asking people "can I borrow your charger?".
It's stuffed L solved by bringing a external battery charger.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's possible. US users thought the V20 Quad DAC was meh, reason why it wasn't on the US G6. Hopefully they include it, I love it on my V20.

I think he's referring to no Quad DAC missing because of the missing headphone jack in some renders. Lack of headphone jack does not equal removal of the Quad DAC.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Lack of a headphone jack would make the quad dac completely useless. Those are used to carry higher 0hm headphones (which most of us don't have anyway). most of our headphones use 30 0hms resistance, Higher quality ones/professional ones uses more than that which our phones can't really output. That's where the dac comes in,without a headphone jack we'd need a usb-c adapter which even then is like a bandaid solution to a feature that will probably be praised.

Imho no headphone jack = no need for quad dac.
Still keeping my hopes up for both. No reason not to have one anyway.
I have no idea what you are trying to say. Lack of of traditional headphone jack just means using an adaptor to use the headphones you already have. Any way its doubtful that they removed the jack.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Agreed, AOD is an excellent feature to have in a phone.

bobdob

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Only the people that care... The masses and the people that like curved won't be bothered.

Yes, that's who I mean. Personally I like the look of the curved screen and probably a majority of consumers at this point like it too (those who haven't broken their GS8). But there's no denying that LG has a lot of fans due to them keeping the flat screen for the G6 and they will not be happy with the v30 because of this. Was anyone badgering LG to make a curved-screen phone?

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that's who I mean. Personally I like the look of the curved screen and probably a majority of consumers at this point like it too (those who haven't broken their GS8). But there's no denying that LG has a lot of fans due to them keeping the flat screen for the G6 and they will not be happy with the v30 because of this. Was anyone badgering LG to make a curved-screen phone?

I think LG knows they don't have enough fans of their current phones to care if they lose some buyers over the shape of their screens. Same with the removable battery. They'd be fine losing the 100k customers that actually care about swapping batteries if they can gain some of the millions of customers that are buying Samsung phones.

Personally, i think marketing and brand recognition plays a much bigger role in LG's woes than the features and specs of their phones. By most accounts, the htc u11 is a better phone than the gs8, but htc is never going to move phones like Samsung (especially since to my knowledge they aren't even sold in carrier stores.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool