G6 to V30? [If it looks like this!]

bobdob

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Personally, i think marketing and brand recognition plays a much bigger role in LG's woes than the features and specs of their phones.

I agree it comes down to this. Back in 2013 when I got my first smartphone, Samsung was already doing their heavy marketing. I got an LG Optimus G because it was the best fit for me at the time, but I had never seen any ads for any smartphone brand besides Motorola, Apple, and Samsung. I had to do a lot of research to find it. The G6 is more promoted but not well marketed.

So you might be on to something, that copying the curved screen idea will get them more, less-informed customers than the more-informed ones they lose that don't like it. Later, once Apple has "invented" the curved screen, then you won't be able to sell a phone without one.

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I am one who loves the flat screen on the g6 part of the reason I left Samsung. Hopefully the g7 or whatever they name it will stay with it being flat.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Curved screens need to die in a fire. That they are the trendy thing to do pains me because they suck....

I currently have a G6 that is sort of a dead phone walking.. just waiting for the fall lineup to drop before I unload it. I currently have the Pixel XL2 on my radar... The V30? Well, if they managed to put a better camera setup in it than the G6, it might at least get my curiosity though. Other than the camera, I have really zero complaints about the G6, and a larger one would be awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12