I just purchased a new LG G6 model US997, the North America unlocked version. The phone does not have native email app. I have done a factory reset and still no email app. I have gone into settings and the app list and the email app is not there.

When I go to back and restore and try to restore my email settings from my G5, which I saved to my SD card which is now in my G6, under the LG app data tab, the email option is grayed out and says "Email Restore only when device has the relevant LG apps." Which seems to confirm that the G6 phone ROM has no email app.

While I am using a third party email app right now, I would like to use the native email app.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any one have any potential solutions.

Thanks.
    07-19-2017 10:35 AM
    I have both preinstaled email and gmail...
    But i could recommend you app i use myMail..
    Great app... Try to go to settings to software updates and find app updates ( you know the preinstalled )
    07-19-2017 10:42 AM
    I use gmail for both google account and my hotmail one you can combine these now in the options on gmail. I do think it's strange since i have the app but I'm in canada so i doubt it's the same model.
    07-19-2017 11:31 AM
    Yea mine is H870.. I'm in europe...
    Hmm, didn't know that. But i got used to this app, and it's great.
    07-19-2017 11:33 AM
    I'm a huge fan of Blue Mail. They're always adding new features which is nice.
    07-19-2017 12:34 PM
    In fact, it’s US Cellular’s version but they should have an email app. I really don’t get it

Otherwise, check if you have any software/UI update.
    07-19-2017 07:42 PM
    Have it on my T-Mobile version, but I disabled it. haha
    07-20-2017 11:43 AM
    Thanks for all the responses. I have done several factory reboots. I have tried setting up the phone as a new install (vs. restoring it.) No luck.

After I first initialized the phone, the phone did a system update. The update was 600Mb.

I downloaded the email.apk file and tried installing it. No go. In the end, I have decided to return the phone.

While I had it, I did use Blue Mail and liked the program quite a bit.
    07-20-2017 12:51 PM
    Thanks for all the responses. I have done several factory reboots. I have tried setting up the phone as a new install (vs. restoring it.) No luck.

After I first initialized the phone, the phone did a system update. The update was 600Mb.

I downloaded the email.apk file and tried installing it. No go. In the end, I have decided to return the phone.

While I had it, I did use Blue Mail and liked the program quite a bit.
    Sorry you had trouble with it.
    07-20-2017 12:59 PM
    My T-Mobile version came with an email app, but I do not use it as I have all my accounts set up with my gmail app.
    pkguy323 likes this.
    07-21-2017 09:26 AM
    I never even bothered with stock email apps. Gmail app is what I use and wouldn't use anything else
    07-21-2017 01:04 PM
    I have to agree...I'm so annoyed by this. I loved LGs email app...please let me know if you've found a solution...I've tried all other email apps....Nine Mail is the closest. Very customizable to be similar.
    09-23-2017 09:00 PM
    I have to agree...I'm so annoyed by this. I loved LGs email app...please let me know if you've found a solution...I've tried all other email apps....Nine Mail is the closest. Very customizable to be similar.
    I also have a new G6 (US997) and, no offense, was thrilled to get an Android phone without a crappy proprietary email app that no one uses and that can't be removed. I'm happy with Outlook and Gmail.

Guess there's no way to please everyone all the time...

Sent from mTalk using a Dell Venue 8
    09-23-2017 09:17 PM