Who's active with a LG G6?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You know, I've heard that those workarounds - and iTunes in general - are pains to navigate...
I have a Mac Book Pro, and my wife and daughters all have iPhones, but If I ever decided to switch to an iPhone, I still wouldn't use iTunes. Enjoying Google Play Music too much.

Last edited:

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Mac Book Pro, and my wife and daughters all have iPhones, but If I ever decided to switch to an iPhone, I still wouldn't use iTunes. Enjoying Google Play Music too much.
Yeah iTunes is so backwards. I think it's apples way of controlling everything you do with your iPhone

Google play music is good but I've recently discovered JetAudio. It's now my go-to for my songs on my G6. Looks good, easy to navigate.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
i use the g6 as well....i pop into this forum one or twice a day, comment when i have something to add. not much to complain about with this phone though....

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I am still amazed with the picture quality I get on the wide angle camera. In a word..... WOW. It's definitely an upgrade from the S7 Edge.

mark233

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
The only thing I really miss about my MXPE (gray/black model) was the dual front facing speakers. Man those were good! My wife still uses the MXPE (white/bamboo) and my 13 yr old son now uses the platinum G6; I have the black G6. But the MXPE was great.

I've also have the gray/black model. And I'm with you on the front firing speakers. Second to none. When watching/sharing a video with friends on my G6 I think to myself, "Dangit ... wish I had my moto to show this." lol. I'll hang on to the Moto till it's dead I think. I'm certainly glad I have the G6 (chose it over the S8 ... didn't care for the curved display.)

Much prefer the camera options available on the G6 over the MXPE!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

For sure. Google Play Music - heck, most Google apps in general - are too good to pass up. :)

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
That's a good sign. In general, I find people tend to post a lot when a device has issues.
Fewer people posting, fewer issues.
I completely agree with you. It's kinda like at work. You usually only hear about people complaints and issues , rarely do we hear compliments or "good job" at work lol

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree with you. It's kinda like at work. You usually only hear about people complaints and issues , rarely do we hear compliments or "good job" at work lol

This... 100%

I always tell people that the forums here are often like an ER... if you were an alien the visited Earth but only went to a hospital ER, you would return home thinking that everyone on the planet is sick, injured or dying. A ton of people find AC because they are looking for help, or a solution to a problem, in particular for a new phone launch.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Congrats. I'm sure you'll love it. It's the best Android phone I've ever used and way better than my previous iPhone

Thanks! So far so good. Did anyone elses G6 get hot while starting up and setting up for the first time? Mine is pretty hot right now.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! So far so good. Did anyone elses G6 get hot while starting up and setting up for the first time? Mine is pretty hot right now.
Yeah. Usually with all the app updates and installation it'll get pretty hot. And the first day or so you'll be using the phone like crazy. Give it a few days and it should return to normal.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. Usually with all the app updates and installation it'll get pretty hot. And the first day or so you'll be using the phone like crazy. Give it a few days and it should return to normal.

It already did :). Once it was all set up it returned to normal. It is snappy and so pretty to look at. The amount of work I complete today will be fairly close to 0.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It already did :). Once it was all set up it returned to normal. It is snappy and so pretty to look at. The amount of work I complete today will be fairly close to 0.
Nice. Enjoy the new phone. It really is a great phone. After almost two months and tons of apps, games, pictures, music etc on it, it still is super fast. Haven't had any lag on it

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

yeah... keep in mind that installing an app is a fairly resource intensive process, it is actually compiling the runtime of the application, not just copying down files and stuffing them in a directory. That sucks up a lot of processor cycles.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's a good sign. In general, I find people tend to post a lot when a device has issues.
Fewer people posting, fewer issues. 😀

Absolutely. People are more willing to post about complaints, negative feedback, and/or issues than they are to post or report positive reviews, compliments, or congratulatory feedback. You see it with workplaces, restaurants, hotels, and reviews of pretty much anything; especially products.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital