Who's active with a LG G6?

Raybo7

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
They already got the Stylo so they have a stylus technology. A Pro version of the G series maybe? I wonder if that would sell.?

Tvrdi76

Sep 18, 2017
Visit site
After a large disappointment with P10 (everything sucks but the camera) I bought the G6. Im very satisfied. Battery is good, performance is great aeven in intensive games (I also diablet animation in devs options), screen is biga and great (though would be better if it was a bit more birght for sunny outdoors), camera is also very good (though the software is making a bit to heavy postprocessing but thats why Im using pixel hdr+ app now). I like thiny bezels on the phone its much better. The phone itself is very sturdy (S8 is a toy comparatively) hence the slightly more heaviness. GUI is ok, everything is smooth with V10T update, no lags in games and in everyday use. Front camera is awfull which can be a dealbraker for younger folks. LG told us its because a larger camera wouldnt with with tiny bezels (hmm). I miss LED notification becasue always on display is kinda a bit hard to read in outdoors. Sometimes. Indoor is ok. Video is of superb quality and does a better optical stabilisation than some competitors. Recorded sound is also great as the sound you get via headphone jack.
I will definitely migrate to V30 once it price drops. That would be a real monster with POLED 6.0" screen, snapdragon 835 and f1.6 main camera.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I think we'll get a little blip in user base the next couple of months. The fall flagships have all bumped way up in price... Pixel 2 XL, Note 8, iPhone 8+, even the V30 checks in over 8 bills. That will price out a lot of buyers... And the G6, which been be had now for under $500 pretty much everywhere, might get a little boost.

Even on EIPs, that's still a difference of $10/m...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Pretty interesting article about battery life comparing alot of the most popular android phones out there. Not to my surprise LG G6 is usually the bottom 2 or 3. What really surprised me is the one plus 5 was near the bottom. Thought the whole argument for staying with a boring 1080p on the OP5 is for better battery life?

Anyways I've always said the two biggest flaws of the G6 for me is the battery life and the small 32gb internal storage...

https://www.techspot.com/article/1477-best-android-battery-life-test/

At least it wasn't right at the bottom! 6/10 isn't so bad! But yeah, hopefully the G7 will have better battery performance!

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Still Loving the G6. It has the best battery life of any Android phone I've owned. Zero issues (knock on wood!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49