How to add Hotspot icon to nav bar?

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

Is there a way to add the mobile hotspot icon to the dropdown menu? I see that it's possible to edit what's on there, but not how to add that particular icon.

thanks!

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
re:

You can only ADD icons there using a 3rd party app like Tiles. With that, or other similar apps, you have to use adb and grant the app Administration access to the phone. You do NOT have to root the phone.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
re:

I have TMobile. They were at least kind enough to give an app shortcut I can add to the home screen. so I guess that would have to work for now.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
re:

I have TMobile. They were at least kind enough to give an app shortcut I can add to the home screen. so I guess that would have to work for now.
You can still do that with any android
cddf70a8faa910c66dc4ba4ae7e91527.jpg

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
re:

Odd mine has it (canadian g6) I know i had that + the mobile data tiles missing on my s8 though and i've found a way to add them back in with an adb trick (don't have a link since i don't have an s8 anymore) could try and find it if you want it ? No idea if it'll work with a g6 though.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

Odd mine has it (canadian g6) I know i had that + the mobile data tiles missing on my s8 though and i've found a way to add them back in with an adb trick (don't have a link since i don't have an s8 anymore) could try and find it if you want it ? No idea if it'll work with a g6 though.

Yeah carriers sometimes hide them in the US. No idea why to be honest.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Yeah carriers sometimes hide them in the US. No idea why to be honest.
Not just the u.s,my canadian s8 i had previously had no mobile data and mobile hotspot tiles. I had to re-add them with adb commands. Could work with the g6 but i haven't tried it since oddly enough my g6 has them.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site