Downloading now. Thanks for the heads up.
    09-06-2017 08:54 PM
    got it earlier today. only difference I see is it enabled play protect. nice to see we haven't been forgotten about lol. Wonder when the 7.1.2 update will come or 8.0 would be nice too.
    at this point id rather just wait for 8.0
    09-07-2017 12:14 PM
    got it earlier today. only difference I see is it enabled play protect. nice to see we haven't been forgotten about lol. Wonder when the 7.1.2 update will come or 8.0 would be nice too.
    My LG G6 already had Play Protect before I got the update.
    09-09-2017 02:26 PM
    Would love a detailed changelog on this thing... 696mb is a beefy update and certainly not just the run of the mill security patches. I know of a few little bits... some tweaks to the camera (we got the NR toggle in manual still mode) for instance, but there's far more I would assume.
    09-09-2017 10:03 PM
    Would love a detailed changelog on this thing... 696mb is a beefy update and certainly not just the run of the mill security patches. I know of a few little bits... some tweaks to the camera (we got the NR toggle in manual still mode) for instance, but there's far more I would assume.
    It something about messaging too.
    09-10-2017 02:20 PM
    My battery seen worst. I'll see if improved overtime.
    09-11-2017 11:32 AM
    My LG G6 already had Play Protect before I got the update.
    mine did too.

my battery is worse.
    09-12-2017 02:10 PM
    No difference in battery here.
    09-13-2017 07:06 AM
    i havent seen a difference in battery with this update. i did notice that i had some battery issues with the last one, but it settled down after about a week. not sure why it took so long, it usually doesnt take more than 72 hours.
    09-13-2017 12:29 PM
    Mine *may* be getting a little better.. 6h40m 65 percent left with 1h45m of SOT
    09-13-2017 01:15 PM
    I thought everything was fine...

Until I drove to work.

There I was, listening to some podcasts over bluetooth while Waze ran in the background to help me avoid the traffpocylypse that might loom on the horizon and cause my quiet commute to devolve into a bumper to bumper hellscape....

And the audio starts cutting in and out. Spits and starts... just a complete hot mess. I toggle BT on the phone and it doesn't reconnect. I got better things to do than play with BT connection issues (like, I don't know.. drive) so I stop Pocketcasts and flip over to radio. I've seen others with BT issues with their Hondas and I was hoping that the compatibility gremlin passed me over. But it would appear that he decided to stop in for a visit and has made himself at home.

But I then notice the second problem: Waze was gone.

Waze usually runs in the background with a persistent notification, which is there mostly to keep Android's memory management from squashing it. I've never had Waze closed out like this before on any previous phone. Thinking I stopped it in error, I start it back u again and go on my very way. Get closer to work... yep... gone again.

I just went in there and looked and the system has gobbled up about 3.4GB of memory, leaving roughly 250MB of free memory available for applications to play in. Ooooooof..... I wish I would have seen that prior to the update as a tool to compare.

/sad face
    09-13-2017 02:38 PM
    The 10p update has been giving me some fits, battery life isn't quite as good. Bluetooth has been crashing completely at times. I'm getting logged out of apps like netflix & facebook. My podcast app randomly started up today on its own, had not even used it today. I've tried wiping cache and all that but it hasn't helped. Is there a way to roll back?
    LeoRex likes this.
    09-13-2017 02:44 PM
    Mine's installing now...I've only had the G6 for a few days, so let's see how this goes...
    09-13-2017 02:55 PM
    The 10p update has been giving me some fits, battery life isn't quite as good. Bluetooth has been crashing completely at times. I'm getting logged out of apps like netflix & facebook. My podcast app randomly started up today on its own, had not even used it today. I've tried wiping cache and all that but it hasn't helped. Is there a way to roll back?
    i havent seen that, how long has it been since you installed the update? im guessing you did the hard reset and stuff?
    09-13-2017 02:57 PM
    Yep.... pretty much.

Guessing that I am going to have to do the nasty (factory reset).... it's usually a last resort sort of option for me, but I don't think I have a choice at this point.
    09-13-2017 03:12 PM
    Yep.... pretty much.

Guessing that I am going to have to do the nasty (factory reset).... it's usually a last resort sort of option for me, but I don't think I have a choice at this point.
    I did one after the update and it didn't seem to help. However, because it was getting annoying I did one again last night. I don't want to put the cart before the horse as its only been about 18 hours, but so far so good so I'm hopeful it just needed a good wipe. This time, I had all my settings done, bloatware uninstalled & disabled, accounts logged into and updates to pre-installed apps done before I put any of my apps on. Then I wiped apps cache in internal storage, rebooted and then put my apps on. If it changes I'll post again.
    09-14-2017 12:54 PM
    I wonder if TMobile pushed this to make us upgrade to the V30. Lol
    09-15-2017 01:39 PM
    I wonder if TMobile pushed this to make us upgrade to the V30. Lol
    Well. I was going to be trading this in for the new Pixel XL anyhow... this would just make my last few weeks a major annoyance.

Thankfully, things seem to have quieted down somewhat. I haven't had any BT connection issues since Tuesday night and Waze has managed to not get voted off the island the last few commutes. So maybe it was a temporary derp.
    Jeremiah Bonds likes this.
    09-15-2017 02:39 PM
    Well. I was going to be trading this in for the new Pixel XL anyhow... this would just make my last few weeks a major annoyance.

Thankfully, things seem to have quieted down somewhat. I haven't had any BT connection issues since Tuesday night and Waze has managed to not get voted off the island the last few commutes. So maybe it was a temporary derp.
    I haven't had the BT or Waze issues but my battery life has taken a hit.
    09-15-2017 02:41 PM
    Yeah, there is a seriously memory usage problem with this build. I only have about 256mb of memory available to apps... 3.4G is tied up in system junk.
    09-15-2017 10:04 PM
    Just checked my memory as a reference and average % used is 62% with 1.4GB free. It says on the bottom that 21 apps used memory in the last 24 hours. Android OS using 2.2GB and Android System 280MB. Everything else in minimal.

Take note that I do not use Waze but I do use BT for my car and portable speaker, Spotify, and other typical daily apps. I've had this update shortly after OP posted this. Maybe a few other users here can give you a reference on their memory usage.
    09-16-2017 12:19 AM
    Well, the app issues we just apps getting kicked out... And even after a full FDR, system memory usage was some 2.5G after first boot. Hmm... Gremlins afoot.. what model/build are you running?
    09-16-2017 08:13 AM
    Well, the app issues we just apps getting kicked out... And even after a full FDR, system memory usage was some 2.5G after first boot. Hmm... Gremlins afoot.. what model/build are you running?
    LG-H872 NRD90U

Similar memory usage this morning.
    09-16-2017 08:35 AM
    I'm done.. I'm going to try to load the previous build.. otherwise I'm out. It can't even keep the launcher in memory now. I have zero patience for a phone that runs like this.
    09-17-2017 10:20 PM
    I'm done.. I'm going to try to load the previous build.. otherwise I'm out. It can't even keep the launcher in memory now. I have zero patience for a phone that runs like this.
    Yours sound bad.
    09-17-2017 10:57 PM
61 123