Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

So I'm noticing that randomly my Gboard will freeze and either the keys will freeze and won't change to letters/numbers or the entire keyboard area turns black. Everything looks like it's updated so I'm not sure what's next.....thoughts? I hate the stock lg keyboard. I also get this alert randomly but more often than id expect, to select input method. Annoyed...
    07-25-2017 05:34 PM
    So I'm noticing that randomly my Gboard will freeze and either the keys will freeze and won't change to letters/numbers or the entire keyboard area turns black. Everything looks like it's updated so I'm not sure what's next.....thoughts? I hate the stock lg keyboard. I also get this alert randomly but more often than id expect, to select input method. Annoyed...
    Gboard was working well for me when Swiftkey wasn't then Gboard started flipping out and I went back to Swiftkey and it's been great. Maybe try that out?
    07-25-2017 05:38 PM
    I have found the same occurring to me, and I'm using the beta version of Gboard. I may go back to SwiftKey as well...
    07-25-2017 05:51 PM
    Oh, I also find that the notification to change the keyboard pops up everytime your keyboard is open. I think that's normal...
    07-25-2017 05:53 PM
    Weird. I'm still on Gboard and haven't noticed any issues with it.
    07-26-2017 12:51 PM
    No problems with gboard here. I was struggling with mistyping a while ago even though I was sure I was hitting the right keys. I changed the app scale to 18:9 and haven't had any issues since. Maybe it fixed it or maybe I have just gotten used to a narrower screen.
    07-26-2017 01:10 PM
    I have issues with Gboard as well, albeit a different one. If I leave the keyboard open and the screen times out, when I unlock the phone again Gboard will have keypress lag until I reboot the app. Not a deal breaker, but still weird...
    07-27-2017 02:18 AM
    I have issues with Gboard as well, albeit a different one. If I leave the keyboard open and the screen times out, when I unlock the phone again Gboard will have keypress lag until I reboot the app. Not a deal breaker, but still weird...
    Sounds like Google has a bug with something on the G6 that they need to get straightened out :o.
    07-27-2017 12:57 PM
    I bet you its the screen scaling.. they've been having problems off and on since the G6 (not sure about the S8) was released. Earlier on, it wouldn't resize the keyboard no matter what setting I tried (it resizes now).
    07-27-2017 01:54 PM
    The Play Store provided me a gboard update today so maybe that will fix it.
    07-28-2017 08:34 PM
    Of course, the first thing you did was force stop the app, wipe its cache and reboot it right.....?
    07-28-2017 08:58 PM
    The Play Store provided me a gboard update today so maybe that will fix it.
    My last update was over a week ago. What version did you get?
    07-28-2017 09:53 PM
    I just got an update today. Haven't seen the problem in a few days...
    Attached Thumbnails Gboard is freezing and blanking out-capture-_2017-07-29-08-44-05.png  
    07-29-2017 07:45 AM
    I just got an update today. Haven't seen the problem in a few days...
    I think I got that update about a week ago. I don't think I've seen the issue since then, now that I think about it. Good to know. Thanks!
    07-29-2017 08:16 AM
    I just got the update this morning. I didn't realize that I was using the LG keyboard. I have auto correct turned off but the LG keyboard corrects it anyway. just switched to Gboard and problem solved.
    07-29-2017 10:19 AM