I'll be keeping my phone

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I believe I'll have my phone for awhile. I think I'm set.. Especially now that I'm breaking in my Zerolemon battery. I'm good for a year or two..

I'm trying to learn how to be content with what I have and as long as this phone works well, I'll keep it. Especially since LG offered the 2 year warranty with this bad boy...

But until then, or something irreparable happens, I'm in it to win it.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
If you master this Jeremiah, please tell me your secret because I fall off the wagon everytime at around the 3 month mark.
It's easy when there isn't anything that's really peaking your interest that much.. The essential phone looks neat, but there is no water resistance.. So that's a no go, plus, screw sprint.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It's easy when there isn't anything that's really peaking your interest that much.. The essential phone looks neat, but there is no water resistance.. So that's a no go, plus, screw sprint.

I think my problem is frequenting Android Central. It's a bit like an alcoholic going to a bar everyday and being surrounded by temptation lol

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'm not enticed by the V30, and not interested in anything Samsung is doing... So.. The only thing that peaked my in wrest is the blackberry keyone and the essential phone.
Well I've always been intrigued by the Note line. If the rumor of two optically stabilized sensors pans out and the price is close to $800 I may bite. And I still have to give Nokia some serious consideration considering their camera prowess. I'm just happy to have a phone I'm not itching to get rid of. Plus I'm not spending any money on any unlocked phones so that eliminates a few of the phones I was interested in including that sexy Sony XZ Premium.

nathdogg1985

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
That's great, will be good seeing you around here for a bit longer.

I think what you need to remember is that fundamentally they are all pretty much the same. We have come to a point where not much is gained "upgrading" your phone on a regular basis.

I must admit the KEYone has also sparked my interest, I had a look at a demo unit at work the other day. Looks like a decent phone and brings back fond memories, but I think those memories are best kept in the past. Sort of like getting back with an ex girlfriend..... Also a quick look in the blackberry forums and all the reports of screens falling of is enough for me to say no.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Well I've always been intrigued by the Note line. If the rumor of two optically stabilized sensors pans out and the price is close to $800 I may bite. And I still have to give Nokia some serious consideration considering their camera prowess. I'm just happy to have a phone I'm not itching to get rid of. Plus I'm not spending any money on any unlocked phones so that eliminates a few of the phones I was interested in including that sexy Sony XZ Premium.
That's how I feel about the unlocked phones as well.. Nokia seems cool too. But I guess that's what I'm trying to say.. I'm happy to have a phone I'm not trying to get rid of.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
That's great, will be good seeing you around here for a bit longer.

I think what you need to remember is that fundamentally they are all pretty much the same. We have come to a point where not much is gained "upgrading" your phone on a regular basis.

I must admit the KEYone has also sparked my interest, I had a look at a demo unit at work the other day. Looks like a decent phone and brings back fond memories, but I think those memories are best kept in the past. Sort of like getting back with an ex girlfriend..... Also a quick look in the blackberry forums and all the reports of screens falling of is enough for me to say no.
Hey man. Give that ex girlfriend a second chance.lol

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
If you master this Jeremiah, please tell me your secret because I fall off the wagon everytime at around the 3 month mark.

You gotta stop this! :)

I started my journey with G3 then G4 to Note 5 S7E and Mate 9, and the Mate 9 stopped all the excitement i have to wait for new phones, i wasn't looking to upgrade often but rather finding something that i can always rely on.

G3 was great so i ordered the G4, G4 was a disaster and had no choice but to buy Note 5 which was great, battery was meh and no IP rating, did a mistake and bought S7E... then redeemed myself by buying Mate 9.

What i wanna say, depsite new phones coming out quick, you just gotta buy that 1 phone that can actually make a big difference to you, something that ticks 95% of the boxes, then you will look towards new phones with a different prespective :)

Then again, we can all sin so never say never :)

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm quite happy with my G6. The only other phones that I'm interested in are the Pixel and HTC whatever. But mostly I love the options that LG puts in their phones. I'm very happy with the cameras and the theming on this phone. As well as being able to change and move the nav buttons. I know it's a little thing, but I can't get used to having the back button on the left. I used a Samsung S3 and Galaxy Nexus for a while and loved having the back nav button on the right. At the time I bought this phone, the HTC 10 was already old news and the Pixel didn't have an SD card slot and just the overall size of the phone was too big. I used an iPhone 6 plus and the bezels and size made it uncomfortable and awkward to use. I used the Note 5 for a few days until I returned it because the battery life was meh. But the screen was beautiful on it and the size was just about perfect. I still regret to this day not giving it more of a chance and more time. At the time, I was coming from an iPhone 5s and was used to the awesome standby time. So I returned it and got the 6 plus. I used that for 5 months before I got bored and bought a G4 on Swappa for $200 less than what I sold the 6 plus for. It was a no brainer. I went through two G4's before I upgraded to the G6 on it's launch day.

deacon33

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I was in the same boat, got the BOGO from T-Mobile. I was selling my Pixel on Swappa. Yesterday my son dropped his S7E, not his fault...my daughter's German Sheppard knocked the phone from his hands and it's just done.

Being that the G6 is so tough and waterproof I switched it over to my son. It's a better phone for him. I will repair the S7E, sell that on Swappa, and I'll go back to the Pixel for now. I may be back to the G6 once the S7E is gone...we'll what's on the horizon at that point.

Just sux though...

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I believe I'll have my phone for awhile. I think I'm set.. Especially now that I'm breaking in my Zerolemon battery. I'm good for a year or two..

I'm trying to learn how to be content with what I have and as long as this phone works well, I'll keep it. Especially since LG offered the 2 year warranty with this bad boy...

But until then, or something irreparable happens, I'm in it to win it.
I feel the same way, but not sure if I'll actually keep it for 2 yrs. I took advantage of the AT&T sale, so over two years I will only pay $360 for the G6, but I have to keep it for two years...

I've never kept a phone longer than one year. My previous phones in the last couple years : LG G4, Note 4, iPhone 6 plus, ZTE Axon 7 , iphone 7 plus, and now LG G6.

Seems like something always comes along and sparks my interest. Right now that's the LG V30

Last edited: