Phone turns back on when placing on wireless charger

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I always used to shut down my Nexus 5 before bed and put it on the charging pad. This phone turns back on when I do that. Only work around is to put it on the pad and then turn it off, which is not always easy. Why does it do that? Is there a setting I am missing?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I always used to shut down my Nexus 5 before bed and put it on the charging pad. This phone turns back on when I do that. Only work around is to put it on the pad and then turn it off, which is not always easy. Why does it do that? Is there a setting I am missing?

I believe my Motorola Droid Maxx did the same thing.

evanborkow

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

It should turn off after whatever your screen time out is set at or just double tap the screen.

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
You mean completly shut down, because i noticed that when my g6 completly went dead i put it on charger and just like ios devices after some time it turned on @2-3% battery. And i asume same goes for any kind of charging in your case wireless. I don't know when they even "disabeled" that feature because i could charge my g3 while he was turned off. And he didn't turn on until i pressed/hold power button.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

Mine does the same and I've been considering opening a thread but you beat me to it 😉. Was hoping to find an answer here but . . . First world problems, I know, but annoying nonetheless because I don't want the room to light up when I put it on the charger.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
nowdays all new phones including samsung ones turn on own on its own when on charger...i would just put it on airplane mode and let it charge full night