Comment on LG G6 smoothness

A

AC Question

I currently contemplating between oneplus 3t or the lg g6. The price difference between these 2 are only 100$. UI interface smoothness has always been the factor for me when comes to choosing phone. But the wide angle lens, larger screen and water resistance is swaying me toward g6. Can g6 users comment on the UI fluidity and smoothness?? Thanks

bobdob

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
If you're in the US, go to a carrier store and try one out. For every person saying it is smooth you will find one saying it is not. It's so dependent on what you expect, what you are used to, and what you are doing (what launcher and apps you are using). I for one think it is perfectly responsive, but I don't use the same apps as you.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I'll say this : it's smooth at least 90% of the time but it does indeed has some hiccups from time to time (mostly when unlocking,restarting and such) most times i don't really notice it and it's not really a deal breaker to me since i can fix it if it ever became an issue. Can't comment about 1+3t though never used one.

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
I would agree with anubis it has over time some aditional laggs.. But i would say that those can be fixed with some aditional updates, i got EU V10T update today so i'll se over some time how would he act... I am big fan of lgs uix idk i just love it. And the phone is performing really well currently..

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah, for the most part, the G6 is fairly smooth and responsive. But I've been using it for a while now and every so often it starts to hiccup a little bit here or there for random reasons. In particular when coming in and out of the camera, sometimes its quick, sometimes it stutters and coughs a bit. It still isn't as smooth as my 6P... it feels faster, but it doesn't flow around as effortlessly if that makes any sense. It's like watching two runners in a race and the winner finishes all sweat and fury and flailing about and the dude just a tick behind him in second looks like he just took a casual stroll in the park.

It's still the most fluid LG phone I've ever used. There's very little of the ui jank that used to be all over something like the G4.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
My concise verdict is that it's not as smooth as stock Android or close-to-stock Android, but still significantly smoother than Samsungs

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I haven't noticed any glaring issues at all on the G6. It is dependent on your usage and what apps you like to use. The first thing I do is go into developer settings and turn off all the animations. The water resistance is a nice piece of mind and the wireless charging is superb.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I currently contemplating between oneplus 3t or the lg g6. The price difference between these 2 are only 100$. UI interface smoothness has always been the factor for me when comes to choosing phone. But the wide angle lens, larger screen and water resistance is swaying me toward g6. Can g6 users comment on the UI fluidity and smoothness?? Thanks

I've been a long time Samsung user and I have to say, in comparison, LG's UI is consistently smooth and does NOT slow down after a period of time. Samsung phones are fast, but after a year or two, they slow down for some odd reason after OS OTA updates. Pixel will always be the fastest because it's pure Android but only a hair faster, probably won't even notice. The One Plus 3T seems kinda outdated, thick bezels, small 5.5 inch screen, and NO microSD slot.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Go with the G6. I've had mine for a month and it's smooth like butter. For the $100 difference (to me) it's a no brainer. The choice would be much harder of it were between the OnePlus 5 and the G6. Though for me the G6 won out.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Not used a pixel but it is not as smooth as a OP5. Mostly smoother than an S8 but there are IMO times where the older processor does show. The most obvious lag for me is the app switcher and am curious why I behave not seen it mentioned i.e. When you press the app switch button there is a good 2 second delay before the 'close all' turns from greyed out to selectable

Ian Bower

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Not used a pixel but it is not as smooth as a OP5. Mostly smoother than an S8 but there are IMO times where the older processor does show. The most obvious lag for me is the app switcher and am curious why I behave not seen it mentioned i.e. When you press the app switch button there is a good 2 second delay before the 'close all' turns from greyed out to selectable

Instant on mine, with 8 apps open.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site

Mine does that same thing, it really doesn't bother me either.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site

That clear all button drives me crazy. I like having one, but the placement is always right on top of the card I'm trying to swipe away. I end up accidentally clearing out all the apps in the app switcher.