Phone not visible on Computer

smokinjo67

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
I got myself an LG G6 2 weeks ago.

I am new to android, so I am still learning.

I have tried viewing my phone on windows 10, Ubuntu 16.04 AND Mac OS 10.6

Ubuntu and Windows see the phone. mac OS, No.

But, when I click onthe phone, there is nothing in there. Empty.

My goal is to add my music. My nephew said just look for the Music folder. Well, I see no folder.

I thought that maybe the phone has to be unlock, but I tried that to. No luck.

Thanks for any ideas.

Joseph

Thacy

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Since you could see the phone on Windows 10, there seems no problem with recognizing your phone.
On Windows, you should unlock the phone in order to view the content. You may try more times. Keep phone unlocked and connect your phone to PC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
You'll need a file manager like Solid or MiXplorer with an extension to allow your PC to see and access your device. I find it easier to access my PC from my G6, it only requires user login.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You'll need a file manager like Solid or MiXplorer with an extension to allow your PC to see and access your device. I find it easier to access my PC from my G6, it only requires user login.

I use Windows explorer....not sure why you need special software.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I use Mac and Android file transfer have no problem finding my phone. you should get a pop up when it's plugged in asking for permission to let the computer access the device. Try turning in developer options settings>about>software tap on the build number till it says deveolper options are available. Go into developer options should be above about phone in settings. scroll till you see usb debugging and click the toggles. then try plugging it back I to your computer. Also when you plug it in you will get a us notification in the pull down in the phone. Select that and change it from charging only to file transfer. Do the notification pull down first.

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I got myself an LG G6 2 weeks ago.

I am new to android, so I am still learning.

I have tried viewing my phone on windows 10, Ubuntu 16.04 AND Mac OS 10.6

Ubuntu and Windows see the phone. mac OS, No.

But, when I click onthe phone, there is nothing in there. Empty.

My goal is to add my music. My nephew said just look for the Music folder. Well, I see no folder.

I thought that maybe the phone has to be unlock, but I tried that to. No luck.

Thanks for any ideas.

Joseph

i did this hooked up the phone to the pc to get some pics off the phone an i got it to work but i forgot how but there is a setting in the phone

Method 1: Transfer LG G6 Photos to Computer by Using USB Cable

Step 1 : Connect LG G6 to your computer via USB cable, and your computer will recognize it and install the mobile driver automatically.

Step 2 : Drag down Notifications panel from the top of your screen, connect as "Media device(MTP)" or "Camera(PTP)" Mode.

ok i think i chose media device n windows 10 saw the files n stuff on the phone i was able to just drag n drop ringtones pics whatever to the folder n done

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

No you don't. You just need to tap the phone where it says "Charging - Tap to change USB options" after you plug it in to your PC and on the next screen choose "file transfer" and "just once". Windows 10 will recognize it and install any drivers it needs. You should then see it in Windows' File Explorer. Click on the G6 icon in explorer and you can drill down into the phone. The path you are looking for to transfer music is Internal storage/Music. Copy whatever songs you want to that folder.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I use Windows explorer....not sure why you need special software.

No you don't. You just need to tap the phone where it says "Charging - Tap to change USB options" after you plug it in to your PC and on the next screen choose "file transfer" and "just once". Windows 10 will recognize it and install any drivers it needs. You should then see it in Windows' File Explorer. Click on the G6 icon in explorer and you can drill down into the phone. The path you are looking for to transfer music is Internal storage/Music. Copy whatever songs you want to that folder.

Apologies - I so rarely physically attach my hardware I automatically think of LAN connection.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power