Keep getting "Complete action with..." while using "o" button

A

AC Question

Each time I try to exit an application I get the "Complete action with either Main Screen or Easy Home" options. I want to use Main Screen, but nothing helps: checking the "use this action by default" checkbox, setting this through Settings > Display..., etc.

I've noticed Main Screen setting does not get saved (I believe this is what is causing this), while Easy Home does and there are no issues using it. Anyone knows what's causing this?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. It would be helpful to know which device, OS version and app you are using. Do you have Easy Mode set on?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! This sounds like a glitch, but I'm no tech expert. Have you tried restarting your device to see if the problem goes away?

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Many times. Nothing helps.

Go to settings, the over to display. You should see home screen select that and then set the default from there.

Also try installing a 3rd party launcher and see if that can be set to default with no issues.

Perform a cache partition wipe, a quick Google search can direct you to the quick method and the full method.

Go into your carrier and see if that can reflash the firmware on the device, this should not wipe the data but do a back up just incase

Lastly if none if that works do a data factory reset, back up your data first.

anusoida

Aug 16, 2017
Visit site
Just a thought - you might try shutting down the phone instead of restarting as it doesn't fully shut off during restart. Hope that helps!

This didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Go to settings, the over to display. You should see home screen select that and then set the default from there.

Tried that. It's not saving the changes unless I use the EasyHome screen.

Also try installing a 3rd party launcher and see if that can be set to default with no issues.

Perform a cache partition wipe, a quick Google search can direct you to the quick method and the full method.

Go into your carrier and see if that can reflash the firmware on the device, this should not wipe the data but do a back up just incase

Lastly if none if that works do a data factory reset, back up your data first.

Will try this. My suspicion is since I was "upgrading" from my LG G2 I used the LG mobile Switch app to move all data to the new phone, including all applications. This might have caused a conflict of some kind. Not sure where I report this to.

I will let you know the results anyway.

anusoida

Aug 16, 2017
Visit site
Well... I've reset the phone and copied my personal data from the old phone onto the new without the apps. This has helped. Apparently, there was a conflict somewhere that I wasn't able to dig. This should be tested better.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes