AT&T Update coming thru

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Not sure what it is (it is a large download) as it is downloading right now and at 82% it shows over 673mb downloaded so far

Last edited:

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
No indication what this update is for. Still on 7.0 but with August 1 security patch. According to the AT&T website April 27 is still the most recent update for G6.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
No indication what this update is for. Still on 7.0 but with August 1 security patch. According to the AT&T website April 27 is still the most recent update for G6.
Agree other than the security patch update to August 1st I can't seem to find anything else?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
673MB is a *big* patch file for the monthly security update. Then again, I suppose if they are not releasing them monthly, they probably have to make up a cumulative patch, and that could get fairly large. May, June, July, and August might account for that large a file.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
On with AT&T Tech support and here is what they said:
"The update contained network performance enhancement and Android device security updates"

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
"Network performance enhancement", huh? Interesting. I wonder if they turned on a new LTE band or something.

My wife's G6 will be arriving today. I'll have to see if I can convince her to install SignalCheck Lite to see what frequencies she is using before the update applies, then after.

franchise22

Aug 31, 2017
Visit site
I now have WiFi calling. As soon as it rebooted after the update, it forced me through the setup. Not sure if this was there previously.

And the security patch for August.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
On with AT&T Tech support and here is what they said:
"The update contained network performance enhancement and Android device security updates"

Man I hope this is true. My ole lady couldn't take the reception issues anymore and ditched her G6. It wasn't just her phone either. I have issues and a warranty replacement also has issues. I dug into it and a lot of people complaining about AT&T's G6 having a really jacked up radio. Gonna download now...

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting much more reliable service with this update. Areas that had no signal are now able to make calls. Had lag in a few games too which is now all but gone. Good update for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995