Ok guys, first of all, I love my G6 and I have no complains to make of the device. But since I only have handled mine, I don't know if this happens to others. When I shake my device, sometimes it makes a little tiny noise by nearly the camera, sounds like something is loose on the inside. Not always, and it doesn't bother me but my OCD is driving me crazy, so I'm curious to know if that happens to anybody else . Maybe because some little part is loose? I don't know, I wish this is normal and not a future issue. In case you ask why do I shake my cell phone, the answer is because of some games and Chrooma live wallpaper. Peace!
    08-31-2017 09:41 PM
    No shaky noise here.
    08-31-2017 09:43 PM
    No noise when I shake, either.
    08-31-2017 10:08 PM
    That happened with my Note 4. That's the optical image stabilization.
    I hope mine too
    08-31-2017 11:32 PM
    I was going to say that its probably the optical image stabilizer. not sure if its a defect or not, but i havent had any sounds like that with my G6
    09-01-2017 08:56 AM
    I have a Note 4 and just shook it and zero rattly noises. It's not normal in that phone, either.

It sounds like you have a loose part in there. Possibly harmless, but I'd stare very closely at the camera and rattle it gently again. If something is moving in there, that's not a good thing. Nothing should be loose in there.
    09-01-2017 08:57 AM
    Is the OIS functioning properly? That's just about the only thing in that phone that has any sort of degree of motion... That noise you hear could be the camera module rattling around.

Keep an eye on it, if something gets worse, like an odd buzzing noise when you use the camera, contact service.
    09-02-2017 12:58 PM
    I have a Note 4 and just shook it and zero rattly noises. It's not normal in that phone, either.

It sounds like you have a loose part in there. Possibly harmless, but I'd stare very closely at the camera and rattle it gently again. If something is moving in there, that's not a good thing. Nothing should be loose in there.
    No, its not moving, but the noise come from near the camera. Sometimes it makes the noise, some times it doesnt. So I called the LG service here in Brazil they explained the same thing you guys said: possible be the OIS and its harmless. My phone is doing well so far, no issues besides that noise, so ill keep it as it is. If something happens Illl ask for warranty.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-02-2017 01:17 PM
    I have a note 5 for about 19 months, never dropped and it has that noise when I shake it around the camera.
    09-02-2017 02:17 PM
    No, its not moving, but the noise come from near the camera. Sometimes it makes the noise, some times it doesnt. So I called the LG service here in Brazil they explained the same thing you guys said: possible be the OIS and its harmless. My phone is doing well so far, no issues besides that noise, so ill keep it as it is. If something happens Illl ask for warranty.
    So glad you were able to contact LG and that they are able to clear things up for you! Good that you have a warranty and are prepared for things like this. Try not to worry!
    09-02-2017 08:30 PM
    So I called the LG service here in Brazil they explained the same thing you guys said: possible be the OIS and its harmless. My phone is doing well so far, no issues besides that noise, so ill keep it as it is. If something happens Illl ask for warranty.
    Pretty much... Though I never really buy into the "Nah... don't worry about it" school of thought when it comes to a rattle that not everyone hears, but it is what it is. But it IS a dampening system that isolates the actual camera from the body of the phone, and there will be a tolerance range in the hardware... depending on where your particular phone is with those tolerances, you might hear a rattle, you might not.
    09-02-2017 09:40 PM
    Used to happen on my G3. Never had any problems with it. Open the camera app and see if it still rattles.
    09-02-2017 11:30 PM
    Perhaps it's the volume buttons. Touch them without pressing them and then shake it again.
    09-03-2017 09:35 PM