phone not ringing

Sammytheorangutan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I've had my G6 for a couple months and have had issues with call ringing for a while. I rarely hear the phone ringing. I have all the volumes turned up fully but most of the time, the phone just doesn't ring. I get the calls as I can see the incoming calls in the call log and if they leave a voice mail, I get the little tone signifying that there's a voice mail waiting.

I'm currently looking for a job so getting calls is very important. What else can I check before returning the phone? I like the phone but I think my carrier is able to port my previous Nexus 6P and that worked flawlessly. Better to go back to that than to continue missing calls.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm no expert, but it sounds like you have a lemon. I wonder if there's anything signal wise, but if you still get voicemails and calls are actually coming through - just with no sound, but you are the incoming call on your phone screen - I recommend either contacting LG customer service or returning your phone to your carrier promptly.

Sammytheorangutan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
After spending the past couple of months setting up the phone exactly the way I want it, I'll send the phone back (and go back to my old 6P) before I mess around with a factory reset. Yes, the phone will pizz me off that much.

Jan Suhr

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my G6, no ringtone when some one calls. My watch vibrates and shows the caller so I can at least answer. But I did have the same problem with my G5 so I suspect that there is some app causing this. I use the Silence Premium app to prevent calls during night or when in a meeting. I will try to uninstall it and see what happens.

Doing a restart normally get the ringtone back for a while.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my G6, no ringtone when some one calls. My watch vibrates and shows the caller so I can at least answer. But I did have the same problem with my G5 so I suspect that there is some app causing this. I use the Silence Premium app to prevent calls during night or when in a meeting. I will try to uninstall it and see what happens.

Doing a restart normally get the ringtone back for a while.

Have you tried just using the Do Not Disturb option instead of an additional app?

seti111

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Wow, you have ' silent mode ' turned ON. Swipe down from the center / top of the screen, from the window menu you've just exposed, in the center of that menu is a speaker icon, yours has a line through the middle of the speaker, meaning ' silent mode ' in ON, tap the speaker icon to remove that line and where it's only a speaker showing, you've now turned ' silent mode ' OFF . Hope you have got or get that job.

http://mobilesupport.telstra.com.au...ions/no-ring-tone-is-heard-on-incoming-calls/