I've had my G6 for a couple months and have had issues with call ringing for a while. I rarely hear the phone ringing. I have all the volumes turned up fully but most of the time, the phone just doesn't ring. I get the calls as I can see the incoming calls in the call log and if they leave a voice mail, I get the little tone signifying that there's a voice mail waiting.

I'm currently looking for a job so getting calls is very important. What else can I check before returning the phone? I like the phone but I think my carrier is able to port my previous Nexus 6P and that worked flawlessly. Better to go back to that than to continue missing calls.
    09-01-2017 04:18 PM
    I'm no expert, but it sounds like you have a lemon. I wonder if there's anything signal wise, but if you still get voicemails and calls are actually coming through - just with no sound, but you are the incoming call on your phone screen - I recommend either contacting LG customer service or returning your phone to your carrier promptly.
    09-01-2017 05:50 PM
    I'll call customer service in the morning. Kinda pizzes me off since I'm paying for a "lesser" phone than my last one.
    09-01-2017 08:46 PM
    Go to settings, general, accessibility, hearing and make sure mute all sounds is not on
    09-01-2017 10:27 PM
    Have you tried doing a full factory reset? I know it's not ideal but that can help with a lot of issues.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-02-2017 02:26 AM
    Have you tried doing a full factory reset? I know it's not ideal but that can help with a lot of issues.
    This is a good point. A factory reset could fix random glitches like this one.
    09-02-2017 08:26 PM
    After spending the past couple of months setting up the phone exactly the way I want it, I'll send the phone back (and go back to my old 6P) before I mess around with a factory reset. Yes, the phone will pizz me off that much.
    09-02-2017 10:26 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my G6, no ringtone when some one calls. My watch vibrates and shows the caller so I can at least answer. But I did have the same problem with my G5 so I suspect that there is some app causing this. I use the Silence Premium app to prevent calls during night or when in a meeting. I will try to uninstall it and see what happens.

Doing a restart normally get the ringtone back for a while.
    09-03-2017 03:15 AM
    I'm having the same problem with my G6, no ringtone when some one calls. My watch vibrates and shows the caller so I can at least answer. But I did have the same problem with my G5 so I suspect that there is some app causing this. I use the Silence Premium app to prevent calls during night or when in a meeting. I will try to uninstall it and see what happens.

Doing a restart normally get the ringtone back for a while.
    Have you tried just using the Do Not Disturb option instead of an additional app?
    09-03-2017 09:05 AM
    Wow, you have ' silent mode ' turned ON. Swipe down from the center / top of the screen, from the window menu you've just exposed, in the center of that menu is a speaker icon, yours has a line through the middle of the speaker, meaning ' silent mode ' in ON, tap the speaker icon to remove that line and where it's only a speaker showing, you've now turned ' silent mode ' OFF . Hope you have got or get that job.

http://mobilesupport.telstra.com.au/...ncoming-calls/
    11-15-2017 01:47 PM