Am I one of the few with no G6 issues ?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
People are more likely to want to post negative reviews/issues with products, establishments, places, etc than they are to post positive reviews or praise reports of those places. Obviously it's not true across the board for everyone; but a lot of people come to forums like these in hopes of solving the issues they are having with their phones; which may give readers/other users the skewed impression that more users with those specific devices report more problems than those who are using the same device hassle-free.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
People are more likely to want to post negative reviews/issues with products, establishments, places, etc than they are to post positive reviews or praise reports of those places. Obviously it's not true across the board for everyone; but a lot of people come to forums like these in hopes of solving the issues they are having with their phones; which may give readers/other users the skewed impression that more users with those specific devices report more problems than those who are using the same device hassle-free.

^^^^^^

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
@devaa Having developer options enabled doesn't necessarily mean bad things, I have the animations sped up and debug enabled so I can use ADB. The only time I ran into issues with my G6 was after the July security update, and I was forced to do a FDR because it was Google Assistant that was screwing up. All's well since then.

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
No i don't mean it's a bad thing i aswell adjust some things in developer options, but sometimes people enable/disable things they shouldn't that's why i mentioned it... For ex. my friend done something on his Samsung S6 that made the phone turn off wifi every time he locked the screen and turn on wifi after the screen was waken up.. That wouldn't be problem of the phone didn't go crazy after that, led indicator was blinking though he didn't get any notifications, you turn on the screen wifi auto turns on, but when u get in some app the wifi turns off and it went the oposite way... So that's why i mentioned it. Maybe someone played with it so maybe those people fkd up the phone in there.. 😀 developer options is great i turned off animations completly.. 😝

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i'll play a little bit with the app, though im not very impressed with it must say... Yeah well here in europe we are crazy about football not its not soccer i dont call it soccer i hate when people call it soccer but anyhow i do like the nba and nhl but can't watch it here. It starts in like 3,4 a.m. here
Though im not a fan of basketball and hockey but damn u americans and canadians can really make these two sports look like art..
I'm impressed with the night shots with the app.. And of course the HDR+.. The pics that come out are way better than what LGs processing does. It just sucks that there is no wide angle.
399a4aae515f03829dcbbc5f9f0f39f0.jpg
04e1c17fe0d9a87eb24357588dbd109a.jpg
bcf0687d8fa975407778827cf9b948ae.jpg
1ffb3bfa4a0c7f32ddc1c38f5c328d72.jpg
a3d811b7e487d498e276d24a5ff55060.jpg

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Can you easily switch back and forth from camera apps? I mean does hdr+ replace the native camera?

ShaneRay

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I've only had the phone for about 11 days, but was going to post in this thread a few days ago that my G6 seems solid and without issues. But...lag started to show up. Did a factory reset yesterday and, strangely, that made the problems worse. I'm going to try one more reset today and if that doesn't fix things, I'll be returning the phone for a full refund. I'll use an old backup until I get my hands on the V30 or the new Pixel.

It's a shame, I really like the phone. But, as it stands now, it's performing worse than the G4 I handed down to my wife.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
No issues with my G6 either after about 4 months of daily use and I love the phone. But I'm one of those weirdos who also liked the G5 and had no issues with that phone either haha.

On the whole I think LG flagships are underrated. I got my G6 unlocked for around $450 USD only a couple of months after launch. It was a similar story with my G5 last year. Crazy value!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
No issues with my G6 either after about 4 months of daily use and I love the phone. But I'm one of those weirdos who also liked the G5 and had no issues with that phone either haha.

On the whole I think LG flagships are underrated. I got my G6 unlocked for around $450 USD only a couple of months after launch. It was a similar story with my G5 last year. Crazy value!

I agree: the LG line is amazing but very underrated.

bobdob

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
You have to move the phone when you do the artificial blurring so that it can get a 3-dimensional view and try to automatically figure out what is the background to blur. Pretty nifty when it works. I usually prefer a true shallow depth of field, but there are cases where the software method can give a better result.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well sad to say but my LG G6 started to lag a little especially when switching between recent apps tap.

So decided on a whim to switch my SIM card to my backup phone , an iPhone 6 Plus. Which is 2 generations old and almost 1.5 yrs old. And it runs buttery smooth and seems as smooth if not more so than the G6

Mainly the apps seem better optimized for iPhone than android.

And almost all the stuff I can do on android I figured out how to do in my iPhone and it's not jail broken.

Over Labor Day weekend I almost preordered the NOTE 8. But now gonna wait till the iPhone 8 is released and get that.

Funny now the iPhone 6 Plus is my daily driver and my LG G6 is my backup

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Well yeah the iOS is better optimized than Android.. But then again you have iOS that is made for 1 device every year. And you have Android OS that is made for many devices of all ranges so it can't be and never will be as smooth as iOS but, Android became very good from 6.0 til now. It really became a great software. Damn i can barely afford to have a daily drive phone not gonna even think about having backup phone in this sad country hahah.. I don't have laggs after the V10T update and i mean i don't have them at all..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante