09-17-2017 01:28 AM
57 123
tools
    I mean i read a lot people in here are complaining with lots of issues on G6 ? For ex. not ringing, freezeing, restarting, white screen, not vibrating, alarm not working, this and that...

So i am wondering am i the one of the few people how don't have like any issues with the phone and i have it for like 2-3 months now.
    The only thing i could complain about is that my SoT became worse with last V10T EU update..

The thing i got from the software that is better is the fact that there are no small laggs anymore or milisecond freeze of the screen.. But regardless of these things that did happened in smaller amounts, the phone really and i mean really performes well and i am ex. iOS user i mean i still have my ipad but iphone sold.

Idk i have alarm from mon-fri on 6 a.m. and it never failed to wake me up he really likes to wake me up for work 😒 hahaha, vibration i don't use it but when it did came turned on with some app haven't had any issues with it. Mine never restarted of itself.. I only had some aditional laggs that needed to be fixed with software update and they are now, though i would like my old SoT back but maybe they will fix that with another update very SOON i hope..

Does anyone else has some other issues, problems or new problems with the G6 ?

Did any of those people made some changes in developer options ? Because that can cause lots of problems...
    LGMOfield likes this.
    09-02-2017 08:35 AM
    The G6 I got my girlfriend to rid her of her iPhone 7 works quite well. No issues. She loves the wide angle camera and the flexibility of Android, especially how much easier it is to transfer pictures. She hates the finger print sensor and never uses it, because with her nails and the spigen case, it's hard for her to reach it with her fingertip and long nails. I may try a different case.
    09-02-2017 08:58 AM
    I also have a G6 without any of the issues others talked about. Only the occasional lag on graphic intensive games, but otherwise good to go. Why it's weird to me I'm considering jumping to Note 8? . Guess like wife says I'm never happy with what I have lol
    09-02-2017 10:01 AM
    You're not alone. My G6 is still working perfectly. In fact I consider it one of the best phones I've ever owned, and I too have had iPhone's.
    pkguy323 likes this.
    09-02-2017 10:16 AM
    I also have a G6 without any of the issues others talked about. Only the occasional lag on graphic intensive games, but otherwise good to go. Why it's weird to me I'm considering jumping to Note 8? . Guess like wife says I'm never happy with what I have lol
    Why would you get a note over the V30? S pen?
    09-02-2017 10:24 AM
    G6 is working great here
    09-02-2017 10:42 AM
    Why would you get a note over the V30? S pen?
    More memory (6gb vs 4), bigger screen, and the super AMOLED is likely better than the V30 P-OLED

Also so many more cases and battery cases for the Note 8. Mophie, Zerolemon etc all making battery cases, and cases like Rhinoshield etc for Note 8 If it's like G6 and only 2 battery cases were available, worried if much will be released for the V30. Rhinoshield and Mophie seem to not make anything for LG in general
    09-02-2017 11:00 AM
    More memory (6gb vs 4), bigger screen, and the super AMOLED is likely better than the V30 P-OLED

Also so many more cases and battery cases for the Note 8. Mophie, Zerolemon etc all making battery cases, and cases like Rhinoshield etc for Note 8 If it's like G6 and only 2 battery cases were available, worried if much will be released for the V30. Rhinoshield and Mophie seem to not make anything for LG in general
    Do you not use the wide angle camera on your G6? The Note doesn't have anything comparable to that. How many different cases do you need? Whenever I have to get a sealed phone (I use a V20 and swap batteries) I already have a QC 3.0 power bank. The V30 will have cases from all the top case makers anyway. Any screen differences between the two will be negligible.

OH... The Note 8 only has quick charge 2.0. Not 3.0.
    09-02-2017 11:04 AM
    No issues on mine or my wife's
    09-02-2017 11:20 AM
    @vasekvi yeah a lot of my female friends don't use fingerprint to unlock the phone because of the nails ( women πŸ˜’ haha ).. I use ultra thin cleared case, cuz i love my platinum color 😍 yeah i know the itunes "issues" ex. iPhone user.. 😝

@RyVee back up already stored on pc safely 😁

@mchi idk play only zynga poker so i am not smartphone gamer but i am thinking on trying the heroes of might and magic 3 my g3 was not capable for the game. Well i think its a bit useless since you are on contract for 2 years like me, and if you just bought the g6...

@nathdogg yeah i had iphone 5 and 6s and i still have ipad mini 2 but there are lot of things i love on android and miss on ios and oposite.

@ffej brofist 😁

@jeremiah unicorn brofist 😝
    ffejjj likes this.
    09-02-2017 11:41 AM
    Do you not use the wide angle camera on your G6? The Note doesn't have anything comparable to that. How many different cases do you need? Whenever I have to get a sealed phone (I use a V20 and swap batteries) I already have a QC 3.0 power bank. The V30 will have cases from all the top case makers anyway. Any screen differences between the two will be negligible.

OH... The Note 8 only has quick charge 2.0. Not 3.0.
    No I rarely use the wide angle camera. In fact I like the Google Camera HDR+ app more than the stock G6 camera app, and the Google app doesn't support wide angle mode, which I don't mind

And it's not about how many cases I need it's having more options. It's telling when major case manufacturers choose not to make accessories for a phone.
    09-02-2017 11:46 AM
    It's a bit dark photo i just used google cam to take a photo of his S8 with blur option, i love the blur option but still trying to figure out what happens when i move the device and why do i have to move it... And now i see that there is space under device that is not blured..

mchi5 likes this.
    09-02-2017 11:53 AM
    No issues with mine or my son's.
    09-02-2017 12:38 PM
    I've owned my G6 for about a month now, and it's been working great. Battery life is phenomenal, camera takes great photos, no lagging. No issues at all.
    09-02-2017 01:34 PM
    I'm sure she's excluding HERSELF from that statement.
    09-02-2017 01:46 PM
    It's a bit dark photo i just used google cam to take a photo of his S8 with blur option, i love the blur option but still trying to figure out what happens when i move the device and why do i have to move it... And now i see that there is space under device that is not blured..

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a8bb3dd7a7.jpg
    Yeah the motion blur on the Google camera app is very hit or miss. I find 75% of time it doesn't blur enough of the background. It's a poor substitute for portrait mode on iPhone 7+. Wife's phone takes them with ease and they turn out amazing

You have to move the camera up slowly for motion blur, Bec app was made for pixel phones, which don't have dual lense cameras like the iPhone 7+ so it's trying to simulate the dual camera by moving camera up while taking a pic

Another reason why I wanna switch to note 8. Their camera app looks good and you can blur it after the pic, like the google app but better

Pic below I tried to focus on flower. But it blurred the top and bottom but sides aren't blurred. Looks plain weird...
    09-02-2017 02:06 PM
    @vasekvi yeah a lot of my female friends don't use fingerprint to unlock the phone because of the nails ( women haha ).. I use ultra thin cleared case, cuz i love my platinum color yeah i know the itunes "issues" ex. iPhone user..

@RyVee back up already stored on pc safely

@mchi idk play only zynga poker so i am not smartphone gamer but i am thinking on trying the heroes of might and magic 3 my g3 was not capable for the game. Well i think its a bit useless since you are on contract for 2 years like me, and if you just bought the g6...

@nathdogg yeah i had iphone 5 and 6s and i still have ipad mini 2 but there are lot of things i love on android and miss on ios and oposite.

@ffej brofist

@jeremiah unicorn brofist
    Yeah I'm on a 2 yr contract, but I'm willing to pay off phone or pay a part and trade phone in for a note 8 . And I mainly play NBA 2k17 on the G6, huge basketball fan and it's rather good on the go. Too bad for the slowdown and lag
    09-02-2017 02:12 PM

More RAM literally means nothing when it’s poorly managed..
    Fret Madden likes this.
    09-02-2017 02:14 PM
    Mine is perfect too.
    09-02-2017 02:19 PM
    Yeah i'll play a little bit with the app, though im not very impressed with it must say... Yeah well here in europe we are crazy about football not its not soccer i dont call it soccer i hate when people call it soccer 😝 but anyhow i do like the nba and nhl but can't watch it here. It starts in like 3,4 a.m. here 😒
    Though im not a fan of basketball and hockey but damn u americans and canadians can really make these two sports look like art.. 😍
    09-02-2017 05:10 PM
    People are more likely to want to post negative reviews/issues with products, establishments, places, etc than they are to post positive reviews or praise reports of those places. Obviously it's not true across the board for everyone; but a lot of people come to forums like these in hopes of solving the issues they are having with their phones; which may give readers/other users the skewed impression that more users with those specific devices report more problems than those who are using the same device hassle-free.
    jhilker, shaimere, devaa and 1 others like this.
    09-02-2017 09:29 PM
    People are more likely to want to post negative reviews/issues with products, establishments, places, etc than they are to post positive reviews or praise reports of those places. Obviously it's not true across the board for everyone; but a lot of people come to forums like these in hopes of solving the issues they are having with their phones; which may give readers/other users the skewed impression that more users with those specific devices report more problems than those who are using the same device hassle-free.
    ^^^^^^
    chanchan05 and Morty2264 like this.
    09-02-2017 10:25 PM
    @devaa Having developer options enabled doesn't necessarily mean bad things, I have the animations sped up and debug enabled so I can use ADB. The only time I ran into issues with my G6 was after the July security update, and I was forced to do a FDR because it was Google Assistant that was screwing up. All's well since then.
    09-03-2017 01:47 AM
    No i don't mean it's a bad thing i aswell adjust some things in developer options, but sometimes people enable/disable things they shouldn't that's why i mentioned it... For ex. my friend done something on his Samsung S6 that made the phone turn off wifi every time he locked the screen and turn on wifi after the screen was waken up.. That wouldn't be problem of the phone didn't go crazy after that, led indicator was blinking though he didn't get any notifications, you turn on the screen wifi auto turns on, but when u get in some app the wifi turns off and it went the oposite way... So that's why i mentioned it. Maybe someone played with it so maybe those people fkd up the phone in there.. πŸ˜€ developer options is great i turned off animations completly.. 😝
    09-03-2017 01:59 AM
    Yeah i'll play a little bit with the app, though im not very impressed with it must say... Yeah well here in europe we are crazy about football not its not soccer i dont call it soccer i hate when people call it soccer but anyhow i do like the nba and nhl but can't watch it here. It starts in like 3,4 a.m. here
    Though im not a fan of basketball and hockey but damn u americans and canadians can really make these two sports look like art..
    I'm impressed with the night shots with the app.. And of course the HDR+.. The pics that come out are way better than what LGs processing does. It just sucks that there is no wide angle.
    devaa and shaimere like this.
    09-03-2017 02:46 AM
57 123