Went to change my micro SD card, popped out the Sim tray, and this is what came out. Any suggestions on getting the broken piece out?
    Attached Thumbnails Sim tray Broken-73050.jpg  
    09-05-2017 08:01 PM
    Shake the phone until it drops out ? Or with nidle or something like that :/
    09-06-2017 12:11 AM
    The SIM is probably held in with a little light friction. The first thing to try, because it is the least invasive, is to hold the phone firmly in one hand (low over a soft surface in case you drop it) and with the SIM slot facing downward, thump the phone against your other hand (make sure the SIM slot itself is not hitting your hand or you risk knocking the SIM right back in) - that may cause enough force to "knock" the SIM and corner of the slot out without running any risk of damage to the phone. Visibly check to see if the SIM has moved after a couple dozen taps. If it has moved at all, keep it up - this is a good patient way to get the thing out without running any risk of other damage.

Failing that, if you are careful to only grab the edges the SIM itself should be removable with a set of very fine tweezers, just grab the visible edges of the SIM and GENTLY pull it out - it should not take a great deal of force.

The broken corner of the SIM slot is the part that gets pushed up by the ejector when you insert the SIM eject pin. It's probably still located behind/under the SIM slot area, and will likely be subjected to the same friction. However, once the SIM is out, hopefully that will come out with it or by repeating step 1.
    09-06-2017 08:55 AM
    I got the Sim out, that really wasn't a problem, it was near the edge. Unfortunately, the broken piece of the tray doesn't seem to want to come out. Ugh!!!
    09-06-2017 09:23 PM
    How long have you had the phone and from where did you get it? Perhaps going to your local carrier's store and getting assistance is the next step.
    09-06-2017 09:44 PM
    Be really careful u mite break the sim pins...same thing happened to my s7 edge but my sim was stuck i took it to samsung to open up the phone and carefully remove the sim...
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-07-2017 08:06 AM
    I got the Sim out, that really wasn't a problem, it was near the edge. Unfortunately, the broken piece of the tray doesn't seem to want to come out. Ugh!!!
    I'm concerned... For it to break like that something normally had to be wrong with the tray or something binding inside. Did it come out smoothly when it broke.
    09-08-2017 02:48 PM
    It came out normal when inserting the Sim tool. I wasn't able to remove the broken piece. I put the Sim back in the broken tray along with a micro SD card and reinserted it. Repeating the removal, the tray came out without the Sim but near the edge of the phone , easy enough to pull out. Although I have a G5 and G4 as backups, I'm not to fond of LG or Verizon cracking open my g6 to get the broken piece out.
    09-08-2017 03:03 PM
    It came out normal when inserting the Sim tool. I wasn't able to remove the broken piece. I put the Sim back in the broken tray along with a micro SD card and reinserted it. Repeating the removal, the tray came out without the Sim but near the edge of the phone , easy enough to pull out. Although I have a G5 and G4 as backups, I'm not to fond of LG or Verizon cracking open my g6 to get the broken piece out.
    Well, the function of the SIM tray is to hold the SIM and SD cards in place and easily remove them when they need replacing. If you aren't going to replace the SIM or SD very often, you could probably make do with it as it is - if you never intend to remove either again, it's certainly less risky than trying to fix it because you could break something else really easily.

That piece is going to be a royal bear to get out, I fear. There's probably enough friction that you'll need to either come in at an angle behind it with something stiff enough to break stuff on its way out, or go tearing into the phone. Both options are not without risk.

The SD/SIM slot is, sadly, soldered to the motherboard and getting to it requires both back and midframe removal. Even then, you may not have that much more access to the inside of the slot to be able to pick the bad bit out. There's a hard cover over the slot that is also soldered on (upper-right corner of picture in Step 6 of guide below).

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/LG+G6+R...sessment/87859

You could contact LG and/or Verizon and see if one of them can justify a warranty replacement or free fix. I wouldn't hold out much hope, but it can't hurt to ask, right?
    09-08-2017 03:43 PM
    The SIM tray for this device seems fragile and weak. I busted mine just putting in a microSD. I *thought* I was being gentle because I could feel it was flimsy ... oh well. I did order a replacement tray from eBay --- will see how that goes.
    09-15-2017 08:58 PM
    If I could get the broken piece out, I would do the same thing. I just don't want to send the phone in and get a refurb in return.
    09-16-2017 07:15 PM
    Just wanted to give an update, I sent the phone in to LG, they made the repair under warranty and sent it back. Thanks LG.
    10-14-2017 09:45 PM