I'm upset that I broke my LG G6 by dropping it

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Totally just cracked my freaking screen.... It fell out my hand while i was sitting on the steps onto the step i was sitting on...literally not that big of a drop and the screen landed on a little freaking rock.. Now it looks like a sniper tried to shoot my phone out my hand

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe that's what they mean by 'military grade'? Sorry, all joking aside, it SUCKS to have this happen to your phone :( I hadn't cracked a screen or damaged my phone since the S2 and then S7E, boom, crack (sure, I did send it flying out of my hands onto pavement, but still). With these phones while scratches and 'direct hits' are harder to cause damage, a ding in the right (or wrong, rather) angle with curved glass and you're done. :( I've seen phones survive large drops and just as well be completely shattered with a tiny drop onto a sharp-angled step.

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Its annoying.. I love my phone.. Im going through my insurance right now so if they dont send me a replacement for free i will be upset.. I have sprint TEP plus

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No idea how Sprint's insurance works, but while insurance usually covers this, most times it comes with a deductible. Again, you might be on a non-deductible plan or something, I'm not savvy on the Sprint ways.

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Yeah with TEP plus you get two free replacements/repairs.. dont wanna deal with lazy store reps so im doing it online. Sad thinf is that the site is down due to hurricane irma so I'll have chat with them again in the morning since the agent forgot to send my email with the form i have to fill out. I will just use my htc 10 tomorrow and hopefully the replacement will be here Tuesday since they do next day delivery

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
So my replacement comes tomorrow.. Yay!!!!

But the bull with this is that i ended up paying $200 for it after being lied too by three different reps from sprint and asurion. I couldve got it repaired through sprint for a $100 at repair store. I called repair store they said they would have to send it out and have it mailed back to me. Umm no! Lg's warranty doesnt cover cracked screens even with second year promise i wouldve had to pay $125 for repair (dont trust them honestly with repairs after hearing so many horror stories)

I decided to pay $200 becausr i love having the ip68 reassurance even though i dont intentionally wet my phone. If i wouldve got it repaired for the $100 through sprint it wouldve voided the ip68 and lg's warranty plus my battery on this g6 is terrible so hopefully the new battery will be better..

Im honestly not mad about having to spend the money i just wish it was better options for all of us with phone insurance through US carriers

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
cea647cd3183fa35091dd4fe3c5daad5.jpg
this is what it looks like btw

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

But the bull with this is that i ended up paying $200 for it after being lied too by three different reps from sprint and asurion. I couldve got it repaired through sprint for a $100 at repair store. I called repair store they said they would have to send it out and have it mailed back to me. Umm no! Lg's warranty doesnt cover cracked screens even with second year promise i wouldve had to pay $125 for repair (dont trust them honestly with repairs after hearing so many horror stories)

I decided to pay $200 becausr i love having the ip68 reassurance even though i dont intentionally wet my phone. If i wouldve got it repaired for the $100 through sprint it wouldve voided the ip68 and lg's warranty plus my battery on this g6 is terrible so hopefully the new battery will be better..

Im honestly not mad about having to spend the money i just wish it was better options for all of us with phone insurance through US carriers

So glad it comes tomorrow! I think you definitely made the right call by paying a bit more but keeping your water resistant warranty with LG intact. You never know with phones - even those of us who never want it near water could have a mishap one day! Good for you for thinking ahead!

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, getting repairs or using your insurance typically NEVER goes as well as we think it would. I hate how we do insurance in this country.. It's the same for auto, home, or medical... Like I'm paying a number of dollars every month to have insurance but when something happens to my phone and I want to use it, I have to pay even more PLUS what I pay every month. Haha but anyway. I'm so glad you got it squared away.

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, getting repairs or using your insurance typically NEVER goes as well as we think it would. I hate how we do insurance in this country.. It's the same for auto, home, or medical... Like I'm paying a number of dollars every month to have insurance but when something happens to my phone and I want to use it, I have to pay even more PLUS what I pay every month. Haha but anyway. I'm so glad you got it squared away.
Yes its ridiculous and with the insurance i have with sprint we are supposed to get two free repairs/replacments as in the terms and conditions. Apparently that only excludes cracked screens which is ridiculous.. But im just glad asurion does next day shipping cause this crack is annoying me lol. Its right where my keyboard is

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Yes its ridiculous and with the insurance i have with sprint we are supposed to get two free repairs/replacments as in the terms and conditions. Apparently that only excludes cracked screens which is ridiculous.. But im just glad asurion does next day shipping cause this crack is annoying me lol. Its right where my keyboard is

Free replacements for manufacture defects and hardware issues. A cracked screen falls under accidental damage. There isn't a company on earth that offers a free replacement for you dropping your phone. The only exception was HTC uh-oh which provided one free replacement during the first year only if you purchased the phone through them.

Thats all laid out in the terms if your agreement, I have sprint as well and no where does it say free replacement for accidental damage.

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Free replacements for manufacture defects and hardware issues. A cracked screen falls under accidental damage. There isn't a company on earth that offers a free replacement for you dropping your phone. The only exception was HTC uh-oh which provided one free replacement during the first year only if you purchased the phone through them.

Thats all laid out in the terms if your agreement, I have sprint as well and no where does it say free replacement for accidental damage.
We have replaced our cracked phones through sprint four times for free when they first came out with their equipment protection plan as well as the beginning of last year at a corporate store. We are long term sprint customers. If you have sprint you should know their terms differ depending on how long you have had them. We had sprint since nextel