Switching from G6 to S8+...

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I was pretty active here with the G6, especially when Zerolemon came out with their extended battery pack. But I eventually got bored with the G6, and mainly wanted a bigger screen,faster processer, and larger internal storage

Was so close to preordering the Note 8, but $950 on AT&T is a bit hard to swallow, considering my G6 is still on the Monthly program (over 2 yrs G6 will cost me only $360, why I'm not selling it yet)

Anyways with the Note 8 being released, alot of good deals on eBay on the S8. Bought a mint S8+ for $541 shipped, which is a great deal. Seller assured me no scratches on screen and comes with a Spigen case

Since I'm keeping the G6 it'll let me compare the two phones. I'll report back.

I should get the S8+ next Monday. Already ordered a glass screen protector, battery case and normal case from Amazon.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Well I was pretty active here with the G6, especially when Zerolemon came out with their extended battery pack. But I eventually got bored with the G6, and mainly wanted a bigger screen,faster processer, and larger internal storage

Was so close to preordering the Note 8, but $950 on AT&T is a bit hard to swallow, considering my G6 is still on the Monthly program (over 2 yrs G6 will cost me only $360, why I'm not selling it yet)

Anyways with the Note 8 being released, alot of good deals on eBay on the S8. Bought a mint S8+ for $541 shipped, which is a great deal. Seller assured me no scratches on screen and comes with a Spigen case

I should get the S8+ next Monday. Already ordered a glass screen protector, battery case and normal case from Amazon.
Just be real careful with who you buy phones thru on eBay, especially newer flagships

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Just be real careful with who you buy phones thru on eBay, especially newer flagships
Why's that? It's not a retail reseller it's a single guy with 200+ positive reviews. Also paid thru PayPal so I'm protected thru them and eBay

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Yeah sorry man. But I never hold onto phones very long. At least I will have both, just G6 will be a backup

And gotta admit $541 for a S8+ is a good deal

Funny story my friend told me yesterday... So his coworker orderd iphone 7 from ebay for 200$ idk why did he taught that the he can iphone 7 so cheaply... Anyhow my friend told me that his friend got iphone 7 box and inside was iphone 4 and 3, and a fusion card from yu-gi-oh HAHAHAHAHA i laughed so hard.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Funny story my friend told me yesterday... So his coworker orderd iphone 7 from ebay for 200$ idk why did he taught that the he can iphone 7 so cheaply... Anyhow my friend told me that his friend got iphone 7 box and inside was iphone 4 and 3, and a fusion card from yu-gi-oh HAHAHAHAHA i laughed so hard.
Haha. That's pretty funny. Most S8+ are going for $550-650 on eBay. Prob Bec Note 8 just came out.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site

I bought a phone once on ebay, listed as new mint. Got the phone itbwas covered in scratches. Checked the imei with AT&T, the phone was first activated on launch day. This was months after the launch, be very careful. This was a seller that has an amazing seller score with 20,000 plus positive. The last and only phone bought on ebay.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I bought a phone once on ebay, listed as new mint. Got the phone itbwas covered in scratches. Checked the imei with AT&T, the phone was first activated on launch day. This was months after the launch, be very careful. This was a seller that has an amazing seller score with 20,000 plus positive. The last and only phone bought on ebay.
Thanks for the heads up. I hope I don't have the same experience. I'll update once I get it

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Why's that? It's not a retail reseller it's a single guy with 200+ positive reviews. Also paid thru PayPal so I'm protected thru them and eBay
That's good. There are some on there that aren't reputable. That one sounds good.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
That's good. There are some on there that aren't reputable. That one sounds good.
Yeah he has answered all my questions. And assured me only one tiny scratch on the rear lower corner. Screen is supposedly immaculate. The back scratch I don't care since I always use a case. Heck my LG G6 has 3-4 scratches on it's back and barely been out of a case...

dashauns

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Ive had both an s8 and g6 and because of the price difference and my own personal bias against curved displays, I usually prefer the g6. The s8 does feel faster but the wide angle camera on the g6 gives you more shooting options, the hd audio recording app is amazing, and it feels a bit more sturdy and and the flat screen is better protected than the exposed edge screens on the s8 series phones.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I hope you hate S8+ and come back to G6.. Brolove mchi
Lol. Technically I will have both phones. It may be like choosing your favorite kid. Not possible?

@Morty2264,

I'll definitely report back once I get it. Getting pretty excited. My cases and screen protector will come way before my phone.

I'm already figuring out how to disable the bloatware and that stupid Bixby button