09-20-2017 03:28 PM
37 12
tools
    Well I was pretty active here with the G6, especially when Zerolemon came out with their extended battery pack. But I eventually got bored with the G6, and mainly wanted a bigger screen,faster processer, and larger internal storage

Was so close to preordering the Note 8, but $950 on AT&T is a bit hard to swallow, considering my G6 is still on the Monthly program (over 2 yrs G6 will cost me only $360, why I'm not selling it yet)

Anyways with the Note 8 being released, alot of good deals on eBay on the S8. Bought a mint S8+ for $541 shipped, which is a great deal. Seller assured me no scratches on screen and comes with a Spigen case

Since I'm keeping the G6 it'll let me compare the two phones. I'll report back.

I should get the S8+ next Monday. Already ordered a glass screen protector, battery case and normal case from Amazon.
    09-11-2017 01:23 PM
    You broke my with this decision..
    shaimere and Jeremiah Bonds like this.
    09-11-2017 01:26 PM
    Well I was pretty active here with the G6, especially when Zerolemon came out with their extended battery pack. But I eventually got bored with the G6, and mainly wanted a bigger screen,faster processer, and larger internal storage

Was so close to preordering the Note 8, but $950 on AT&T is a bit hard to swallow, considering my G6 is still on the Monthly program (over 2 yrs G6 will cost me only $360, why I'm not selling it yet)

Anyways with the Note 8 being released, alot of good deals on eBay on the S8. Bought a mint S8+ for $541 shipped, which is a great deal. Seller assured me no scratches on screen and comes with a Spigen case

I should get the S8+ next Monday. Already ordered a glass screen protector, battery case and normal case from Amazon.
    Just be real careful with who you buy phones thru on eBay, especially newer flagships
    09-11-2017 01:28 PM
    Just be real careful with who you buy phones thru on eBay, especially newer flagships
    Why's that? It's not a retail reseller it's a single guy with 200+ positive reviews. Also paid thru PayPal so I'm protected thru them and eBay
    09-11-2017 01:39 PM
    You broke my with this decision..
    Yeah sorry man. But I never hold onto phones very long. At least I will have both, just G6 will be a backup

And gotta admit $541 for a S8+ is a good deal
    09-11-2017 01:40 PM
    Yeah sorry man. But I never hold onto phones very long. At least I will have both, just G6 will be a backup

And gotta admit $541 for a S8+ is a good deal

Funny story my friend told me yesterday... So his coworker orderd iphone 7 from ebay for 200$ idk why did he taught that the he can iphone 7 so cheaply... Anyhow my friend told me that his friend got iphone 7 box and inside was iphone 4 and 3, and a fusion card from yu-gi-oh HAHAHAHAHA i laughed so hard.
    citronbull and Jeremiah Bonds like this.
    09-11-2017 01:42 PM

Funny story my friend told me yesterday... So his coworker orderd iphone 7 from ebay for 200$ idk why did he taught that the he can iphone 7 so cheaply... Anyhow my friend told me that his friend got iphone 7 box and inside was iphone 4 and 3, and a fusion card from yu-gi-oh HAHAHAHAHA i laughed so hard.
    Haha. That's pretty funny. Most S8+ are going for $550-650 on eBay. Prob Bec Note 8 just came out.
    09-11-2017 01:44 PM

I bought a phone once on ebay, listed as new mint. Got the phone itbwas covered in scratches. Checked the imei with AT&T, the phone was first activated on launch day. This was months after the launch, be very careful. This was a seller that has an amazing seller score with 20,000 plus positive. The last and only phone bought on ebay.
    mchi5 and amyf27 like this.
    09-11-2017 02:18 PM
    I bought a phone once on ebay, listed as new mint. Got the phone itbwas covered in scratches. Checked the imei with AT&T, the phone was first activated on launch day. This was months after the launch, be very careful. This was a seller that has an amazing seller score with 20,000 plus positive. The last and only phone bought on ebay.
    Thanks for the heads up. I hope I don't have the same experience. I'll update once I get it
    09-11-2017 02:41 PM
    Why's that? It's not a retail reseller it's a single guy with 200+ positive reviews. Also paid thru PayPal so I'm protected thru them and eBay
    That's good. There are some on there that aren't reputable. That one sounds good.
    mchi5 likes this.
    09-11-2017 03:15 PM
    Next time try swappa.. Heard good things about them
    mchi5 and amyf27 like this.
    09-11-2017 03:18 PM
    I use swappa, never had an issue buying or selling on their.
    shaimere likes this.
    09-11-2017 03:23 PM
    Swappa is legit. I sold my wife's G5 there for a pretty penny within 3 days of posting it.
    amyf27 and shaimere like this.
    09-11-2017 05:35 PM
    That's good. There are some on there that aren't reputable. That one sounds good.
    Yeah he has answered all my questions. And assured me only one tiny scratch on the rear lower corner. Screen is supposedly immaculate. The back scratch I don't care since I always use a case. Heck my LG G6 has 3-4 scratches on it's back and barely been out of a case...
    09-11-2017 06:31 PM
    I looked at swappa, but don't have an account. And I've used eBay alot. It's my 2nd go to behind Amazon.
    shaimere likes this.
    09-11-2017 06:32 PM
    Ive had both an s8 and g6 and because of the price difference and my own personal bias against curved displays, I usually prefer the g6. The s8 does feel faster but the wide angle camera on the g6 gives you more shooting options, the hd audio recording app is amazing, and it feels a bit more sturdy and and the flat screen is better protected than the exposed edge screens on the s8 series phones.
    Jeremiah Bonds and mchi5 like this.
    09-11-2017 10:08 PM
    Hope you enjoy your S8+! It's a great device! Please let us know how you like it! And Happy Phone Week!
    shaimere, mchi5 and tuckertje01 like this.
    09-11-2017 11:39 PM
    I looked at swappa, but don't have an account. And I've used eBay alot. It's my 2nd go to behind Amazon.
    Its easy to sign up with them. You just need paypal
    Jeremiah Bonds likes this.
    09-11-2017 11:42 PM
    I hope you hate S8+ and come back to G6.. Brolove mchi
    mchi5 likes this.
    09-12-2017 01:23 AM
    I hope you hate S8+ and come back to G6.. Brolove mchi
    Lol. Technically I will have both phones. It may be like choosing your favorite kid. Not possible?

@Morty2264,

I'll definitely report back once I get it. Getting pretty excited. My cases and screen protector will come way before my phone.

I'm already figuring out how to disable the bloatware and that stupid Bixby button
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-12-2017 07:34 AM
    Lol. Technically I will have both phones. It may be like choosing your favorite kid. Not possible?

@Morty2264,

I'll definitely report back once I get it. Getting pretty excited. My cases and screen protector will come way before my phone.

I'm already figuring out how to disable the bloatware and that stupid Bixby button
    Haha, I definitely get what you mean about being excited! I can't wait for packages to come in the mail - let alone a new phone!!
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-12-2017 05:30 PM
    Haha, I definitely get what you mean about being excited! I can't wait for packages to come in the mail - let alone a new phone!!
    Yeah. Sucks the eBay seller chose UPS ground so will take 6-7 days
    09-12-2017 05:42 PM
    Ohhhh eBay. Did you pay for priority?
    09-12-2017 06:08 PM

@Morty2264,

Dude Bixby is my most missed feature on the new galaxy phones. It is by far the best personal assistant on a phone. It has over 3000 commands and the more you use it the better it gets. Bixby would literally ask if my alarm for the next day was set around the time I usually go to bed. It would notify me that I usually call my son around this time do I want to call him.
    mchi5 likes this.
    09-12-2017 11:08 PM
    never-msrp is a pretty good phone seller on eBay. Usually has the lowest price on new, buy it now phones.
    mchi5 likes this.
    09-12-2017 11:13 PM
37 12