09-30-2017 09:26 PM
37 12
tools
    I am that guy who likes to try every phone that comes out. This one by far has the worst battery out of any of them. I have done the annoying tasking of factory reset and setting this phone up from scratch. Holy **** it still sucks 1 hour and 36 minutes sot and the battery was at 35% , I havent expereienced these numbers in a very long time. I would say its sprints network having poor signal. Neither the gs8+ or the HTC U11 every had such crap battery life as this thing. I feel like I'm back in the days of having to bring my cellphone charger to work. The sad part is my phone sits in my locker at work until lunch time.
    09-12-2017 11:41 PM
    Weird. Sorry you're experiencing that.. It's not a normal occurrence for me or others I know with the phone.
    09-13-2017 12:27 AM
    You almost definitely have a dud. Even my old G3 would hold battery better than that.
    09-13-2017 12:30 AM
    Srsly, ahat do you so with these phones ? I havent had SoT on G6 in less than 6h.. Only more, as you can see on screenshoot.
    09-13-2017 12:35 AM
    How long have you had your phone for? Perhaps you could return it and get a replacement?
    09-13-2017 08:39 AM
    I would say you definitely have a defective phone. I would return for a replacement.
    09-13-2017 11:38 AM
    Never get more than 5 hours sot since last update, averaging 4 and a half. Could get 6 when I first got it.. Those days are long gone!
    09-13-2017 02:17 PM
    Do you guys use facebook app ? if you do did you know that it drains 30% more battery life simply by being on the phone. And what apps do you use mostly ? I have SoT between 6-8h i am currently at 5h 13min SoT and have 34% battery remaining...
    09-13-2017 04:52 PM
    Do you guys use facebook app ? if you do did you know that it drains 30% more battery life simply by being on the phone. And what apps do you use mostly ? I have SoT between 6-8h i am currently at 5h 13min SoT and have 34% battery remaining...
    Battery life is subjective. You're not telling us what apps you use, what your brightness is, if you're on mobile data all day or wifi, how your cell signal is, if you go in to airplane mode portions of the day.

On the G6 is I had, I could rarely get over 5hrs SOT, so I sold it and got a Mate 9.
    09-13-2017 06:58 PM
    Battery life is subjective. You're not telling us what apps you use, what your brightness is, if you're on mobile data all day or wifi, how your cell signal is, if you go in to airplane mode portions of the day.

On the G6 is I had, I could rarely get over 5hrs SOT, so I sold it and got a Mate 9.
    I've reached 9 hours of SOT with this phone. With brightness set to auto, GPS and Bluetooth always on, 3 email accounts polling. Several Twitter accounts syncing, fb lite, and Instagram doing its thing. It was possible, I don't think I can do it again though.

I should probably disable chrome again, if I remember correctly that used a lot of my battery. As well as quick memo.
    09-13-2017 10:04 PM
    WoW! SoTs reported are seriously unbelievable and as someone already pointed out it is very very subjective. But, I am not convinced with > 5hrs of SOT with G6.
    09-13-2017 10:47 PM
    I dont expect to get more than 4 out of any phone. I spend a lot of time on my phone. The issue is when nothing changes in your day to day usage of a phone. You are on average at 30% battery with less that 2 hours of sot. I work in surgery, my phone will sit for 4-6 hours not being used and drop over 20% battery.

My galaxy s8+ I would easily hit 4 hours sot under the same exact conditions along with the HTC U11.

What ever the last update was, is what killed this phones battery life.
    09-13-2017 11:38 PM

Here is Article on FB and Messenger battery draining altough i don't belive the problem is solved. How do i use my phone ? Cell signal almost always full 4/5 "lines" most of the time, i use it on both wifi/4g+ during the day. My brightness is between 30-40% during the day and about 10-15% over the night i don't use auto brightness aswell..

I use chrome, excel, word, mymail ( 4 mails synced ), ted talks, tapatalk, whapp, instagram, messenger lite, zynga poker, music i don't use airplaine mode and i don't use AoD. These are all my most used apps during daily uses. And i always have SoT at least 6h... So idk what you guys do with the phone but the G6 definitely have great battery life. And as far as i can see here on forums in my country 80% of users are satisfied with his amazing battery life.
    Jeremiah Bonds likes this.
    09-14-2017 12:25 AM
    I dont expect to get more than 4 out of any phone. I spend a lot of time on my phone. The issue is when nothing changes in your day to day usage of a phone. You are on average at 30% battery with less that 2 hours of sot. I work in surgery, my phone will sit for 4-6 hours not being used and drop over 20% battery.

My galaxy s8+ I would easily hit 4 hours sot under the same exact conditions along with the HTC U11.

What ever the last update was, is what killed this phones battery life.
    If your phone drops 20% battery within that time, that is a warning sign. I'm not an expert by any means, but my LG phone had that same issue (a G3); and I swear the battery was defective. It would drop 20% or more when I'd be at work not using it (in a similar time frame to yours); and it would take, I kid you not, 10-13 hours to charge. I loved the phone until it started to give me these issues. However, had I just replaced the battery, I feel like it could have served me well for longer.

Does your phone charge normally? Do you experience these same battery issues with a factory reset?
    PBOrgCh likes this.
    09-14-2017 08:51 AM
    If your phone drops 20% battery within that time, that is a warning sign. I'm not an expert by any means, but my LG phone had that same issue (a G3); and I swear the battery was defective. It would drop 20% or more when I'd be at work not using it (in a similar time frame to yours); and it would take, I kid you not, 10-13 hours to charge. I loved the phone until it started to give me these issues. However, had I just replaced the battery, I feel like it could have served me well for longer.

Does your phone charge normally? Do you experience these same battery issues with a factory reset?
    It necessarily doesnt conclude to battery being defective - it could also be due to the weak cellular signal or weak WiFi signal.

There are many factors like that and it all comes down to how effectively the software handles this. From my experience so far with Samsung, LG, HTC, OnePlus and Essential - I will say Samsung does a better job of handling such cases.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-14-2017 10:40 AM
    It necessarily doesnt conclude to battery being defective - it could also be due to the weak cellular signal or weak WiFi signal.

There are many factors like that and it all comes down to how effectively the software handles this. From my experience so far with Samsung, LG, HTC, OnePlus and Essential - I will say Samsung does a better job of handling such cases.
    For sure! Signal definitely played a role for me too.
    09-14-2017 10:45 AM
    WoW! SoTs reported are seriously unbelievable and as someone already pointed out it is very very subjective. But, I am not convinced with > 5hrs of SOT with G6.
    Well. I posted screen shots months ago showing my results but to each his own... Like I said I don't think I can get those results anymore. Haha
    09-14-2017 10:56 AM
    Op is probably part of a small % lol i had 92 hours of standby on mine never had any issues with battery life. If anything it was MUCH better than the s8+ i had previously.
    09-14-2017 10:58 AM
    At 6 a.m. i took it off th charger now is 1 a.m. almost.. So the battery is awesome...
    shaimere likes this.
    09-14-2017 06:58 PM
    looks like I'm the small percentage who has a dud. It didnt do this before the last update I got. At the end of the day I just got my essential phone and damn this thing nice. Time to sell this LG its been fun everyone!
    Morty2264 and Jeremiah Bonds like this.
    09-14-2017 07:23 PM
    looks like I'm the small percentage who has a dud. It didnt do this before the last update I got. At the end of the day I just got my essential phone and damn this thing nice. Time to sell this LG its been fun everyone!
    The Essential Phone looks really cool! Glad you're enjoying it!
    09-14-2017 07:25 PM
    A great example of the g6 I have being a dude, got my essential phone. At 65% battery, set it up and have been playing with it a lot. After 3 hours of sot I'm still at 32% battery. Since I don't have the heart to sell this phone due to the battery issues, sprint will buy it back for 250. Which is what I would get after selling it on swappa, they are only going for about 300. On sprint there is no guarantee that the unlock code will be accepted by another carrier to re-provision the phone.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-14-2017 11:34 PM
    I upgraded to the G6 a few months ago from a Samsung S7 and I have fantastic battery life. I take my G6 off the wireless charger at 6 am and can go all day without having to recharge. I usually make it to 8 pm and still have maybe 30% charge left which works great for me. Comparing this to my old S7 where I needed to constantly charge it through the day.

Now, I have to say I carefully removed a lot of bloatware using the LG Package Disabler Pro app and also removed Facebook from my G6 which probably helped with background power usage. I also don't constantly use my phone throughout the day so I don't have very high screen on time. YMMV
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-15-2017 05:53 AM
    I upgraded to the G6 a few months ago from a Samsung S7 and I have fantastic battery life. I take my G6 off the wireless charger at 6 am and can go all day without having to recharge. I usually make it to 8 pm and still have maybe 30% charge left which works great for me. Comparing this to my old S7 where I needed to constantly charge it through the day.

Now, I have to say I carefully removed a lot of bloatware using the LG Package Disabler Pro app and also removed Facebook from my G6 which probably helped with background power usage. I also don't constantly use my phone throughout the day so I don't have very high screen on time. YMMV
    Oh yeah, Facebook drains a lot of battery because it's always running in the background. Good on you for being diligent about disabling bloatware and background-consumption apps!
    09-15-2017 09:21 AM
    A great example of the g6 I have being a dude, got my essential phone. At 65% battery, set it up and have been playing with it a lot. After 3 hours of sot I'm still at 32% battery. Since I don't have the heart to sell this phone due to the battery issues, sprint will buy it back for 250. Which is what I would get after selling it on swappa, they are only going for about 300. On sprint there is no guarantee that the unlock code will be accepted by another carrier to re-provision the phone.
    Glad that you have a plan! What is your favourite thing about the Essential Phone? Also, did you buy it online or from its own website?
    09-15-2017 09:22 AM
37 12