LG G6 Slow Downs?

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Heard 2 separate Android podcasts reference G6 not aging well. This is my first LG phone, so I'm no LG fan boy, and I load my phone down with a bunch of stuff, and use it more like a power user than a normal person, and I haven't seen a single bit of slow down.

I feel like I'm a very unbiased person with this, but I just don't feel the slow downs. Knock on wood, hopefully never will.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think it also depends on the specific device and the specific user. No two phones will always perform alike, IMO. Glad your G6 is not slowing down! :)

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I think it also depends on the specific device and the specific user. No two phones will always perform alike, IMO. Glad your G6 is not slowing down! :)
I get specific user, although I can't imagine there are many others than do more with their phones than I do. But do you really think there is that much differentiation between same devices. I get 1 or bad apples per a few hundred, just weird that 2 people in the industry both publicly complained about it.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
What would cause G6 to show down?
Not sure. Android phones, like any phones, will slowly degrade every month that they are used. On many of my older phones, factory resetting would fix the issue for a few months. But I have no need to do that yet on my G6, yet anyway.

Been pleasantly surprised by this thing so far.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I get specific user, although I can't imagine there are many others than do more with their phones than I do. But do you really think there is that much differentiation between same devices. I get 1 or bad apples per a few hundred, just weird that 2 people in the industry both publicly complained about it.

I'm not sure, to be honest! I think so, though; or at least there are chances of there being differences in performance. I just keep thinking of all of the different components of a phone; and how one could malfunction randomly while the same component on another device of the same type could function normally.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
What happened?
If you don't have Tmobile you probably shouldn't worry. But some have reported less battery. Mines working pretty fine right now but it shut off twice. My wife's stopped vibrating.. But then again, they give a 2 year warranty so that's also awesome... nothing really slows my phone down now but instagram.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I get specific user, although I can't imagine there are many others than do more with their phones than I do. But do you really think there is that much differentiation between same devices.

I tell you from experience that there is a big difference in user experience between the T-Mobile and Verizon user experience. Verizon had things like themes, radio app, swipe to search, and who knows what else locked out by default. My friend's Verizon G6 even has LG World locked out!!??!!

This doesn't speak of performance necessarily, but there are significant differences between different versions of the same phone.

bobdob

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
There is a lot going on "under the hood" that can unexpectedly cause your phone to be busier than normal. Even if you have taken great pains to block all the normal junk, you can find surprises.

For example, a couple days after the most recent AT&T update, I noticed my phone was warm and sluggish and the battery was running down about twice as fast as normal. A quick check showed a process called xtwifi-client had been the top cpu user, by quite a bit. I have no idea exactly what that is (although its name seems self-explanatory), and so far after rebooting this has not recurred.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
There is a lot going on "under the hood" that can unexpectedly cause your phone to be busier than normal. Even if you have taken great pains to block all the normal junk, you can find surprises.

For example, a couple days after the most recent AT&T update, I noticed my phone was warm and sluggish and the battery was running down about twice as fast as normal. A quick check showed a process called xtwifi-client had been the top cpu user, by quite a bit. I have no idea exactly what that is (although its name seems self-explanatory), and so far after rebooting this has not recurred.

You're absolutely right - sometimes things happen "behind the scenes" that can cause slowdowns and lags without our knowledge. So glad you figured out what was going on with your phone! :)

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Not sure. Android phones, like any phones, will slowly degrade every month that they are used. On many of my older phones, factory resetting would fix the issue for a few months. But I have no need to do that yet on my G6, yet anyway.

Been pleasantly surprised by this thing so far.
Just my point, nothing in the phone will cause it to show down as OP mentioned. Loading a bunch of apps that take up background processing and memory is there cause. Which is why a factory reset shows an improvement initially and then, as people add the same apps back to phone, goes back to same slowness and lagging.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay