Why is my battery life so low on the LG G6?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi everyone
Just got the G6 a month ago. Wonderful camera and great specs for the price.
When I leave home at 7:40 am I have to enable power saving and I end up at 3pm with 40%.

If I don't enable power saving then it dies at around 2:40pm. What is going on!

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone
When I leave home at 7:40 am I have to enable power saving and I end up at 3pm with 40%.

Definitely something wrong. Check rogue apps, check it in Safe Mode, clear cache, etc... I can go all day, upwards of 14 hours off the charger and I still have 20% left when I plug in at night. That is with about 3 hrs SOT, some GPS, Spotify for an hour or so, etc.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
@ASD Dad:

Bringing the battery down to 20% every day shortens the battery life considerably. It should be recharged at no lower than 40% (or you should turn the phone off when it gets to 40% if you can't charge it). Especially on a phone you can't replace the battery in by just popping the back off.

xplod566

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone

Disable location tracking from GPS settings.will double your battery

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is helpful because you might have a defective battery, but I've had this phone 6 months and always got around 4.5 hours of screen on time, I installed the "greenify" app last night and so far today I'm at over 5 hours screen on time with 40% battery left. I was skeptical but that's what I'm seeing today, maybe it's worth a shot?
Btw, that's alot of time on a phone but I'm home sick today so that's why so much screentime 😉

Last edited:

anon(10311036)

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Definitely something wrong. Check rogue apps, check it in Safe Mode, clear cache, etc... I can go all day, upwards of 14 hours off the charger and I still have 20% left when I plug in at night. That is with about 3 hrs SOT, some GPS, Spotify for an hour or so, etc.

hey man, how can I know what is a rogue app?

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
hey man, how can I know what is a rogue app?

Any app that could be running in the background using up a lot of battery. FB, FB Messenger and Gas Buddy were all known apps that are battery hogs. You need to look at your battery stats or use an app like GSam or Accubattery to see what is using the most battery.

anon(10311036)

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Disable location tracking from GPS settings.will double your battery

Im sorry.. my english is not very good.

So, I have this options, wich one should I use?

1 high precision (gps and network)
2 power saving mode (just network)
3 only device sensor (just gps)

I got a litle bit confused, so I guess runing just gps will sabe more batery than the power saving mode?

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Im sorry.. my english is not very good.

So, I have this options, wich one should I use?

1 high precision (gps and network)
2 power saving mode (just network)
3 only device sensor (just gps)

I got a litle bit confused, so I guess runing just gps will sabe more batery than the power saving mode?

Running just GPS will likely use the most battery. High precision uses the phone's GPS and the network's location, which should be a little better. Power saving is network only location and will use the least power but is also the least accurate. I personally turn my GPS off completely when not using it to save battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670