05-17-2018 07:18 PM
82 123 ...
tools
    Hi everyone
    Just got the G6 a month ago. Wonderful camera and great specs for the price.
    When I leave home at 7:40 am I have to enable power saving and I end up at 3pm with 40%.

If I don't enable power saving then it dies at around 2:40pm. What is going on!
    10-19-2017 11:39 AM
    Do your battery usage stats and mobile signal strength offer any clues?
    10-19-2017 12:24 PM
    Do your battery usage stats and mobile signal strength offer any clues?
    3/5 bars always for mobile strength.
    Screen uses 7% (highest) and the Android OS uses 3%. Also phone idle uses 6%.
    belodion likes this.
    10-19-2017 12:51 PM
    Hi everyone
    When I leave home at 7:40 am I have to enable power saving and I end up at 3pm with 40%.

Definitely something wrong. Check rogue apps, check it in Safe Mode, clear cache, etc... I can go all day, upwards of 14 hours off the charger and I still have 20% left when I plug in at night. That is with about 3 hrs SOT, some GPS, Spotify for an hour or so, etc.
    10-19-2017 12:52 PM
    @ASD Dad:

Bringing the battery down to 20% every day shortens the battery life considerably. It should be recharged at no lower than 40% (or you should turn the phone off when it gets to 40% if you can't charge it). Especially on a phone you can't replace the battery in by just popping the back off.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-19-2017 01:26 PM
    Yeah as I am typing this I am at (power saving on) 64% and it is now 12:30. I'll check the cache and apps...
    10-19-2017 01:31 PM
    Thinking of getting a battery case.....are they worth it?
    10-19-2017 01:36 PM
    Thinking of getting a battery case.....are they worth it?
    Yeah, they work well.
    10-19-2017 04:24 PM
    Yeah one from ZeroLemon...
    10-19-2017 04:34 PM
    Yeah one from ZeroLemon...
    The one from Newdry is good too.
    10-19-2017 11:37 PM
    Hi everyone

Disable location tracking from GPS settings.will double your battery
    10-20-2017 01:08 AM
    Why does the original poster have no post numbers and a screen name "Android Central Question"?
    10-20-2017 09:14 AM
    Ok i turned the location to GPS only will see how that works.
    10-20-2017 09:19 AM
    Yeah I didn't log in when I asked that question....then I logged in with my Google account to reply.
    10-20-2017 10:41 AM
    Not sure if this is helpful because you might have a defective battery, but I've had this phone 6 months and always got around 4.5 hours of screen on time, I installed the "greenify" app last night and so far today I'm at over 5 hours screen on time with 40% battery left. I was skeptical but that's what I'm seeing today, maybe it's worth a shot?
    Btw, that's alot of time on a phone but I'm home sick today so that's why so much screentime 😉
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-24-2017 12:12 PM
    Definitely something wrong. Check rogue apps, check it in Safe Mode, clear cache, etc... I can go all day, upwards of 14 hours off the charger and I still have 20% left when I plug in at night. That is with about 3 hrs SOT, some GPS, Spotify for an hour or so, etc.
    hey man, how can I know what is a rogue app?
    10-25-2017 07:32 AM
    hey man, how can I know what is a rogue app?
    Any app that could be running in the background using up a lot of battery. FB, FB Messenger and Gas Buddy were all known apps that are battery hogs. You need to look at your battery stats or use an app like GSam or Accubattery to see what is using the most battery.
    10-25-2017 08:27 AM
    Disable location tracking from GPS settings.will double your battery
    Im sorry.. my english is not very good.

So, I have this options, wich one should I use?

1 high precision (gps and network)
    2 power saving mode (just network)
    3 only device sensor (just gps)

I got a litle bit confused, so I guess runing just gps will sabe more batery than the power saving mode?
    10-25-2017 10:05 AM
    Im sorry.. my english is not very good.

So, I have this options, wich one should I use?

1 high precision (gps and network)
    2 power saving mode (just network)
    3 only device sensor (just gps)

I got a litle bit confused, so I guess runing just gps will sabe more batery than the power saving mode?
    Running just GPS will likely use the most battery. High precision uses the phone's GPS and the network's location, which should be a little better. Power saving is network only location and will use the least power but is also the least accurate. I personally turn my GPS off completely when not using it to save battery.
    10-25-2017 01:13 PM
    Any updates on your situation, OP?
    10-25-2017 01:46 PM
    Same here. I fixed it and get 12+ hours with moderate use. Hibernation Manager app. Everytime you put your phone to sleep (lock it) it hibernates apps you select (I select everything except ones I want constant updates from like Facebook etc) and it slows my CPU to 300MHZ. Why does my CPU need to be at max in my pocket anyways? You can set it to turn off Bluetooth wifi and Sync also... No thanks. Finally... Use AutoSync for keeping your phone from syncing 24hrs. Email etc. I set mine to 15min meaning every 15min of sync being suspended it'll Sync for 3min and then turn off for 15min again. These apps are Flexible and VERY light. None of these crap apps like Greenify... They're complicated and have too many options. The apps I stated do only few things... What you want them too. Been a Couple weeks with Always-On Display on brighter setting always on and I unplug at 6am and have 30% roughly at 10pm. Usage varies but this IS the fix. Even if you don't mess with AutoSync because your a die-hard social app person.. The Hibernation Manager works wonders.
    11-27-2017 06:00 PM
    I have had battery drain issues pop up out of nowhere on the G6. I resolved the issue by uninstalling apps that tend to push lots of notifications, like fantasy football apps for instance. The battery life improvement was amazing.
    12-01-2017 05:02 AM
    Hi everyone

You need to describe how much you use the phone to give us a better idea of what's going on
    12-01-2017 03:50 PM
    new setup. turned off Location toggle (since when I go to use navigation, it starts GPS quickly by asking me to click OK) and I use ForceDoze app which makes doze start the second you turn off your screen. need to make sure you select apps you want to ignore optimizations for otherwise the app will be disabled when screen is off. messaging app, social apps you can't live without. email... whatever. then I installed Smart WiFi Toggle. this is somewhat complex to setup but when I leave my wifi it turns off my wifi after a specified amount of time and will turn on every now and then to see if wifi is available and if not turns back off. just today my phone said I had 175 hrs of battery left. of course when screen is on it uses juice but when off uses virtually nothing. 0.6% per hour. works best when I restart the phone every morning too. usually it'll say 40+ hours of battery. depends what apps you're using that day.
    EDIT: I use Fast Reboot now to do a reboot without restarting the phone everytime I lock the phone. After using some apps and closing them they tend to keep services on after. This reboot app clears those services and maintains battery performance.
    EDIT 2: So from 6am to 6pm... my battery is at 80% with moderate usage. Not bad if u ask me. My phone doesn't go below 50% under even heavy usage anymore. It's a miracle. I hope this helps a lot of folks out there.
    Nunya Biz1 likes this.
    12-07-2017 04:42 PM
    new setup. turned off Location toggle (since when I go to use navigation, it starts GPS quickly by asking me to click OK) and I use ForceDoze app which makes doze start the second you turn off your screen. need to make sure you select apps you want to ignore optimizations for otherwise the app will be disabled when screen is off. messaging app, social apps you can't live without. email... whatever. then I installed Smart WiFi Toggle. this is somewhat complex to setup but when I leave my wifi it turns off my wifi after a specified amount of time and will turn on every now and then to see if wifi is available and if not turns back off. just today my phone said I had 175 hrs of battery left. of course when screen is on it uses juice but when off uses virtually nothing. 0.6% per hour. works best when I restart the phone every morning too. usually it'll say 40+ hours of battery. depends what apps you're using that day.
    EDIT: I use Fast Reboot now to do a reboot without restarting the phone everytime I lock the phone. After using some apps and closing them they tend to keep services on after. This reboot app clears those services and maintains battery performance.
    EDIT 2: So from 6am to 6pm... my battery is at 80% with moderate usage. Not bad if u ask me. My phone doesn't go below 50% under even heavy usage anymore. It's a miracle. I hope this helps a lot of folks out there.
    Very very tempted to try this, but I use location a lot
    12-11-2017 01:27 AM
82 123 ...