Who Here Primarily Charges Wirelessly?

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have bought both battery cases for the G6, because I refuse to deal with battery anxiety. I want to be able to use my phone on 100% brightness, everything turned on and syncing, without worrying about running out of juice (I know, it's a lot to ask).

The way I see it, there are 3 solutions:

1) The cheapest. Rely on fast charging. Find a time during early afternoon that you can plug into. After 30 minutes to an hour, should get you enough of a boost to make it to the end of the day.

2) For ultimate power users. Battery Cases. Definitely not for most people. I used mine for about a month. Sure it takes a bit to get used to the weight and bulk, but this method makes sure you never have to worry about battery.

3) Space Magic, aka wireless charging. Sure, it's a slow charge, but if you stay at one place for awhile, using a wireless charger to trickle charge throughout the day.

I'm trying the wireless charging for now. I have a stand by my bed, one on my desk, and one as a car mount with wireless charging. I have found that on most days I keep my phone above 75%. Not sure if that's good or bad for the life of battery. Anyone else out there primarily charging wirelessly?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Not me. I have a 16,000 mAh Quick Charge 3.0 external battery I keep handy for when I'm not near a charger. I've also just purchased a Zerolemon battery case. I'd only use that when on a trip where I might be taking photos for an extended period.

I have a QC charger in my car, and also at my desk at work. I can easily top off my battery at work. I also like to keep my phone charging while in the car, using Android Auto and Google Maps. I generally never get as low as 15%.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Not me. I have a 16,000 mAh Quick Charge 3.0 external battery I keep handy for when I'm not near a charger. I've also just purchased a Zerolemon battery case. I'd only use that when on a trip where I might be taking photos for an extended period.

I have a QC charger in my car, and also at my desk at work. I can easily top off my battery at work. I also like to keep my phone charging while in the car, using Android Auto and Google Maps. I generally never get as low as 15%.
Great point! I have a few powerbanks as well. Lots of solutions for keeping our battery charged. I just refuse to do all of the battery saving techniques to try and eek an extra hour out of the battery. I love wireless charging and quick charge to help me keep up.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have never plugged my G6 in to charge. We have a couple of wireless charging pads at home and at work. My wife puts hers on a pad overnight and I do the same in the morning. We both went from a Nexus 5 and did not upgrade until a good but not overpriced phone with wireless charging cam out. I would never go back.

PS: Keeping your phone always over 75% might diminish battery life.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have never plugged my G6 in to charge. We have a couple of wireless charging pads at home and at work. My wife puts hers on a pad overnight and I do the same in the morning. We both went from a Nexus 5 and did not upgrade until a good but not overpriced phone with wireless charging cam out. I would never go back.

PS: Keeping your phone always over 75% might diminish battery life.
I get so confused on what is good and not good for battery. I know that every battery only has so many charges in it's life. So how does an extended amount of time on a charger compare to a complete discharge and recharge? Also I have heard Mr. Mobile say that wirelessly charging is better for the battery because it doesn't heat up the battery near as much as quick charging.

Hard to tell which of all these variables is the worst combination. The answer probably is over a 2 year span, there is a minute difference. Over 3 or 4 years is where one would see a difference. Very good chance I will be changing phones after 2 years, so my battery micromanagement is futile.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I use wireless charging at home on my nightstand. I have a couple cheap Anker slow ones so it takes a couple hours minimum to charge it wirelessly. I've tried to use it at work but it seems like I'm picking it up every few minutes for a text, email or something I need to look at so I quit using it. The overnight charge gets me to early afternoon with around 40%. Then I just plug in for an hour and have a full charge which gets me through to bed time and I can still charge while using it at my desk while plugged in. I like not plugging in but its just not always realistic.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I use my old Samsung wireless charger for my LG G6 and that is my primary method for charging. I usually charge my G6 overnight and pull it off the charger at 6 am, and I'm good until 9 pm. With my usage, I don't need to charge during the day. Occasionally I'll use my QC USB car charger when I'm driving with Google maps on for navigation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante