I am a Verizon G6 user and this phone has been very satisfying for the most part except when using Facebook. I dont use it really often but everytime I do I experience severe hold up and scrolling lag. All other apps including Twitter works fine but just Facebook. Tried re-installing the app, wipe cache and its all the same. Am I the only one with this issue and is there remedy for this?
    10-29-2017 03:34 PM
    Are you by chance a Facebook beta tester? I experienced severe lag for a couple days last week but I'm on a beta release.
    10-29-2017 03:41 PM
    Are you by chance a Facebook beta tester? I experienced severe lag for a couple days last week but I'm on a beta release.
    No not at all.. ive used this phone about half a year and fb has always been the same, slow and laggy
    10-29-2017 04:02 PM
    Facebook is a data hog and tries to preload dozens of pictures and posts before you even get to it. Trying to scroll has always been laggy...
    10-29-2017 04:49 PM
    I too experience some scrolling lag on my Honor 8. I think it's just Facebook being data-intensive, as other users have stated. Sometimes, even Messenger will give me the same result.

Have you tried logging in and out of Facebook? Perhaps that would help.
    10-29-2017 09:40 PM
    I don't tend to experience Facebook lag on my G6 outside of the time I mentioned above. However, I keep data saver on in the Facebook settings, maybe that is the difference.
    11-03-2017 02:17 PM
    I gave up on the Facebook app (seems like bloatware to me) and just have a shortcut to the m.facebook.com site on Chrome. Works great for me. Of course, as they say, your mileage may vary.
    Raybo7 likes this.
    11-03-2017 07:04 PM
    I am a Verizon G6 user and this phone has been very satisfying for the most part except when using Facebook. I dont use it really often but everytime I do I experience severe hold up and scrolling lag. All other apps including Twitter works fine but just Facebook. Tried re-installing the app, wipe cache and its all the same. Am I the only one with this issue and is there remedy for this?
    Same here, the lag is so bad I ended up uninstalling the app.
    11-21-2017 01:27 PM
    Ive resolve this ussue using the following method:
    Step 1 - Go your phone settings> Storage / Internal shared storage and then clear Cache.

Step 2 - Insert a sd card to your android phone and format it as a system reserved.

Facebook app is not the issue its just ned more internal space in the phone system and this has completely resolve slow or lag in the facebook app/android phone.

Hope this will help

Thanks and regards

Michael
    07-06-2018 11:48 PM
    Ive resolve this ussue using the following method:
    Step 1 - Go your phone settings> Storage / Internal shared storage and then clear Cache.

Step 2 - Insert a sd card to your android phone and format it as a system reserved.

Facebook app is not the issue its just ned more internal space in the phone system and this has completely resolve slow or lag in the facebook app/android phone.

Hope this will help

Thanks and regards

Michael
    07-06-2018 11:54 PM