8.0 Oreo on test.

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
As it is said in this Article what would you guys like to see with upcoming update ?

I would like to see portrait mode, aswell as some cam features V30 has... And maybe capability of having more apps in multi window mode... 😬

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
hopefully we will see it before the end of the year in this case. however, the bottleneck is going to be the carriers so even if lg has it ready, the carriers will have to do their thing first.

nathdogg1985

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Mine is also unlocked, so that will cut out any carrier nonsense hopefully. I know Samsung used to hold back the unlocked update until after the carriers released it, hopefully LG aren't the same.

scooby8611

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I recently switched to total wireless (Verizon towers). I purchased a Verizon branded G6 and activated it. My question is.... will I get the Oreo update when it releases?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I recently switched to total wireless (Verizon towers). I purchased a Verizon branded G6 and activated it. My question is.... will I get the Oreo update when it releases?

Assuming LG does not go straight to 8.1 and that Verizon releases it........... yes.

Raybo7

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I believe it will get it but the number one question is when? LG is not giving up a lot of information concerning updates which is frustrating to me.

Raybo7

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
As it is said in this Article what would you guys like to see with upcoming update ?

I would like to see portrait mode, aswell as some cam features V30 has... And maybe capability of having more apps in multi window mode... 😬

I read that article, the single core score seems to get a decent boost. Mine averages around 1400 so 1800 puts you close the SD 835 phones single core scores.

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Idk after using/owning the g6 for 5 months now i cant find some problems with it, the phone performs decently..
I think we'll be getting the oreo somewhere for christmas... 😁

ksmithservices

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
Same here. I fixed it and get 12+ hours with moderate use. Hibernation Manager app. Everytime you put your phone to sleep (lock it) it hibernates apps you select (I select everything except ones I want constant updates from like Facebook etc) and it slows my CPU to 300MHZ. Why does my CPU need to be at max in my pocket anyways? You can set it to turn off Bluetooth wifi and Sync also... No thanks. Finally... Use AutoSync for keeping your phone from syncing 24hrs. Email etc. I set mine to 15min meaning every 15min of sync being suspended it'll Sync for 3min and then turn off for 15min again. These apps are Flexible and VERY light. None of these crap apps like Greenify... They're complicated and have too many options. The apps I stated do only few things... What you want them too. Been a Couple weeks with Always-On Display on brighter setting always on and I unplug at 6am and have 30% roughly at 10pm. Usage varies but this IS the fix. Even if you don't mess with AutoSync because your a die-hard social app person.. The Hibernation Manager works wonders.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze