Poor call reception? Here's a tip...

barotropic

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I've had my G6 (US997) for about a month, using it on Cricket. This is a near-perfect phone for me, considering features, performance and price.

But I recently caught onto a trend - complaints of "breaking up", "say that again" during phone conversations in certain areas of my home. I did some careful testing, and confirmed the problem was repeatable. No problem outside, though. Switch my SIM to my old Lumia 640, and no problems found anywhere. So the issue was my G6, and I was disappointed to think it was compromised in this way.

But in researching through settings, I found that "Noise suppression" was on. Turned it off, and now no complaints. I can't remember if I turned that on at some point, or if it was on by default, but glad it solved the problem.

From the Phone Call app, select "Call settings"..."More, then toggle off "noise suppression".

Reg Robinson

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to try your suggestion. I have had so many people say my voice is dropping out on our calls. It's been really frustrating because it's intermittent and impossible to duplicate or predict. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad