upgrading to v30 from g6?

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
I dont think it is.. Because basicly all that actually matters is like the componets that make the phone performs great. Beside camera, poled screen and stuff like that all you get is sp835. For me its not worthy waste of money. Unless you can afford that so.

ksmithservices

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
Definitely let us know! My biggest disappointment on the G6 is the screen and it's lack of color saturation. It's very accurate but I like deep colors like amoled.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If you want a bigger screen and better camera and faster processor, go for it! But it's hard when the new phones come out - we kind of get the "upgrading itch." I'm experiencing that too.

But, if you are feeling hesitant, perhaps that means that you may want to keep your G6 for a little while longer. And who knows, maybe when you're ready to upgrade, the V30 will have dropped in price!

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Is it worth it?

Yes and no. The Snapdragon 835 is much better in terms of battery performance. The camera is also improved. You also get a quad DAC, and 64GB of storage built in, and an AMOLED display. If battery life is an issue with your G6, I'd say go for it. Otherwise, it's a very similar phone except sightly bigger in size.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I just got a LG V30. I had a G6 earlier in the year. I will provide a comparison if possible.
Ergonomics are way better compared to the G6.
Battery life is superb.
The wide angle camera is just as awesome with even less fish eye distortion.
I love the curved screen and prefer LG approach vs Samsung.
And Snapdragon 835 is smoother than the previous processor.

All in all I am very happy. And I only paid $115 more than what I paid for the G6 earlier in the year.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Ergonomics are way better compared to the G6.
Battery life is superb.
The wide angle camera is just as awesome with even less fish eye distortion.
I love the curved screen and prefer LG approach vs Samsung.
And Snapdragon 835 is smoother than the previous processor.

All in all I am very happy. And I only paid $115 more than what I paid for the G6 earlier in the year.

You must have some huge hands for the V30 to feel more ergonomic. Finally held one and even though my hands are big, the G6 definitely felt better in the hand and that's nearly made my decision. I didn't realize how much"feel" meant to me until recently

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You must have some huge hands for the V30 to feel more ergonomic. Finally held one and even though my hands are big, the G6 definitely felt better in the hand and that's nearly made my decision. I didn't realize how much"feel" meant to me until recently

I held my friend's V30 and it was pretty big, but I think it felt better in the hand than the Pixel 2 XL.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
The V30 is lighter and thinner. The Essential is smaller but same weight as the G6 and hence feels a bit hefty in hand. Also I always use a phone with a case so the right case also makes a big difference. I never really found the right case for my G6 whereas the first case for the V30 that I bought fits it like a glove without adding any bulk to the phone.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
The V30 is lighter and thinner. The Essential is smaller but same weight as the G6 and hence feels a bit hefty in hand. Also I always use a phone with a case so the right case also makes a big difference. I never really found the right case for my G6 whereas the first case for the V30 that I bought fits it like a glove without adding any bulk to the phone.

Oh no. I mean without a case. I usually don't have one on.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I agree: it's important to find the right "fit" for a phone case. I remember buying (online) a phone case that was too bulky (ironically, for my G3); and had to eventually buy another one because I did not enjoy the extra heft.

For me, I like thinner, easier-to-manage cases. I know they add less protection; but all I really need is a bit of shock absorption for those random bumps and small falls.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I agree that the V30 is a worthwhile upgrade, but I like my G6 too much to get rid of it and pay more money for what is arguably just a better screen. If I had never bought a G6, and price was not an issue, I would get the V30.

shadokat_ph

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Is it worth it?
I just upgraded from a G6 about a week ago. I don't have enough experience with it yet to give a lot of details but I'd like to address the ergonomics issue.

I have tiny hands. The G6 felt thick and bulky to me. Even though the V30 has a slightly larger screen it still feels slimmer and lighter in my hands. I love how it feels.

One feature that has caught my attention is the easy way to take a screen shot while playing games. I don't know if it's an Android thing or a LG thing but I love it. My android version is 7.1.2. When you're in a game there's an extra Home button that looks like a game controller. Touch it and you get four options: Take a Break, Take a Screenshot, Adjust Game Graphics, and Hide Home Buttons. I only wish the easy screenshot option was always there.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded from a G6 about a week ago. I don't have enough experience with it yet to give a lot of details but I'd like to address the ergonomics issue.

I have tiny hands. The G6 felt thick and bulky to me. Even though the V30 has a slightly larger screen it still feels slimmer and lighter in my hands. I love how it feels.

One feature that has caught my attention is the easy way to take a screen shot while playing games. I don't know if it's an Android thing or a LG thing but I love it. My android version is 7.1.2. When you're in a game there's an extra Home button that looks like a game controller. Touch it and you get four options: Take a Break, Take a Screenshot, Adjust Game Graphics, and Hide Home Buttons. I only wish the easy screenshot option was always there.

Thank you for this post! :)

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Noup, all i get is what a bit better screen, ap835 and a bit better camera.

Not worthy of throwing tons of money. Like 6 months ago my G3 was working great and pretty smoothly and thats like 3 yrs old flagship, almost 4.

G6 is a great phone. And currently costas like 400-500$ here in Croatia. While V30 costs like 1000+$ so is 500$ more worthy throwing to get those 3 things a bit better. For what ? Tapatalk, whapp, mail, surfing, youtube and camera. I don't think so. Not enough reasons and too much money for not worthy upgrade.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Noup, all i get is what a bit better screen, ap835 and a bit better camera.

Not worthy of throwing tons of money. Like 6 months ago my G3 was working great and pretty smoothly and thats like 3 yrs old flagship, almost 4.

G6 is a great phone. And currently costas like 400-500$ here in Croatia. While V30 costs like 1000+$ so is 500$ more worthy throwing to get those 3 things a bit better. For what ? Tapatalk, whapp, mail, surfing, youtube and camera. I don't think so. Not enough reasons and too much money for not worthy upgrade.

I do understand what you are saying. Phones are getting more and more expensive nowadays - if you do not feel like it is a worthy upgrade, I do understand. If I had the G6, I too would really hesitate to upgrade to the V30.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm