12-31-2017 11:17 AM
34 12
tools
    It's been a while since the LG G6's release - how is everyone's device holding up?
    12-12-2017 05:31 PM
    It's been a while since the LG G6's release - how is everyone's device holding up?
    Mine is still running smooth as butter. Looking forward to seeing how it handles with Oreo.
    12-12-2017 05:36 PM
    Have mine since april...still running great....love it
    Morty2264 and idon12no like this.
    12-12-2017 05:57 PM
    Good. Waiting for Oreo update but with Verizon probably will be April.
    12-12-2017 06:07 PM
    I really have no complaints that I didn't have from the start, other than lint getting in the headphone jack and usb-c port and affecting operation to a surprising extent. Which is not, strictly speaking, the phone's fault. Everything else is just as pleasant to use as it was on day 1.

Interestingly, I just handed down my GS5 to my kids to replace their ancient and dying non-smartphone. I was really, really tired of it when I got the G6 this summer. Tired of looking at it, tired of the home button, tired of the charging port cover, tired of the laggy slowness and general frequent "not working right" behavior and not-great battery life. After cleaning it up for them (not even a factory reset) I actually find it not horrible again. And of course to them it is all new and fantastic (which I'm sure won't last long).
    12-13-2017 07:13 AM
    Glad to hear that your devices are doing well! It seems like quite the solid device to me.
    idon12no likes this.
    12-13-2017 08:10 AM
    Battery life has taken a dip are the last update but would still have this phone more than any other bar pixel xl2.
    jcpicard, Morty2264 and idon12no like this.
    12-13-2017 08:53 AM
    Got mine in October, dropped it on concrete after 2 weeks. I have a slight crack (thought it was a scratch first) in the middle of the screen. Kinda bummed, but phone works great, camera and software is great.
    idon12no and Morty2264 like this.
    12-13-2017 09:44 AM
    I've had mine since February and love it. It still looks perfect and runs mostly buttery smooth. Overall, this phone has been great! I do wish it had a larger battery, but it gets me by. I was torn between the LG G6 and the Moto Z Force or Force 2 (for the larger battery and complete Moto experience) but ended up going with the G6. In the end, I felt it was a more complete package. Plus the price was right.

I'd buy it again!
    12-13-2017 10:44 AM
    My G6 is working just as good as the first day I got it. Great battery life and still snappy.
    12-13-2017 04:52 PM
    phone is just as fast as the first day I got it. I'm missing my Note 4 less and less although it's still number 1 . the vibration motor doesn't work but I'm happy with it
    12-13-2017 07:33 PM
    I'm still enjoying mine. No issues that an occasional restart won't take care of.
    12-15-2017 06:25 AM
    Still really liking it here too. I wish battery life and selfie camera were a bit better, but neither of those make me hate the G6. My wife has had hers a few months more than I have and she loves hers too. She doesn't use her G6 as much as I do, so she gets through an entire day easily.
    Raybo7 and Morty2264 like this.
    12-15-2017 08:46 PM
    I've had my G6 since July and I love everything about this phone... except for the damn battery life. It's okay and will get me through a day in all but the heaviest use scenarios, but a 3200-3300mah battery should be getting more than 3 hours of SOT over 15-17 hours off the charger.
    12-17-2017 11:31 AM
    Still loving mine. Wish I had root but I am very happy with my G6. Was thinking about jumping to the v30 but just can't justify the increased cost.

Pat
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-17-2017 11:39 AM
    I have mine since july, still running smooth. I wish the software android updates are faster we're still on damn Android 7.0

The updates after 7.0 could have a good effect on battery life especially 7.1.1
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-17-2017 08:26 PM
    Have it for 6 months now. Fluid as water. 😋 battery great still 5-6h SoT.

No issues or complains at all.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-18-2017 07:57 AM
    I'm leaning towards getting the G6 - the only two things that are making me hesitate are the software (but having last year's Snapdragon really doesn't bother me all that much) and battery (I've heard mixed reviews).
    12-18-2017 09:35 AM
    Software is aswell as great as it is fluid. Al least for me. Apps are not crashing, everything is runnning pretty smoothly. I sometimes run on laggs while scrolling down some site while surfing but thats tottaly aceptable, todays pages are fulled with pictures, ads, details so.

I have no issues with batter honestly currently im on 58% with 2h&46min of SoT. So idk im satisfied with battery life so far.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-19-2017 10:17 AM
    So this probably doesn't apply since I just brought this phone about a week ago, but I'm really enjoying this device. I bought it under emergency circumstances from T-Mobile as I had bricked my previous phone, an HTC 10, after relocking the bootloader (long story).

Color me impressed with this phone's IPS LCD display, which is downright AMOLED-like when compared to my HTC 10's Super LCD. Colors pop and blacks are black in ways I didn't think were achievable on a display like this. I really want to compare it to my HTC 10 to see if my eyes aren't deceiving me, but as I mentioned earlier, that doesn't seem like a possibility at the moment .

My only gripes so far are the wonky auto-brightness, which seems to want to pivot between two extremes at the slightest hint of sunlight or lack thereof, and the lack of an audio DAC (HTC has spoiled me with it's audio options over the years).
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-19-2017 04:02 PM
    Software is aswell as great as it is fluid. Al least for me. Apps are not crashing, everything is runnning pretty smoothly. I sometimes run on laggs while scrolling down some site while surfing but thats tottaly aceptable, todays pages are fulled with pictures, ads, details so.

I have no issues with batter honestly currently im on 58% with 2h&46min of SoT. So idk im satisfied with battery life so far.
    Thank you for your review of the device! Good to know that software and battery are still working well for you!
    12-19-2017 07:38 PM
    So this probably doesn't apply since I just brought this phone about a week ago, but I'm really enjoying this device. I bought it under emergency circumstances from T-Mobile as I had bricked my previous phone, an HTC 10, after relocking the bootloader (long story).

Color me impressed with this phone's IPS LCD display, which is downright AMOLED-like when compared to my HTC 10's Super LCD. Colors pop and blacks are black in ways I didn't think were achievable on a display like this. I really want to compare it to my HTC 10 to see if my eyes aren't deceiving me, but as I mentioned earlier, that doesn't seem like a possibility at the moment .

My only gripes so far are the wonky auto-brightness, which seems to want to pivot between two extremes at the slightest hint of sunlight or lack thereof, and the lack of an audio DAC (HTC has spoiled me with it's audio options over the years).
    So glad you are loving your G6! What colour did you get? Any accessories to go with it?
    12-19-2017 07:38 PM
    So glad you are loving your G6! What colour did you get? Any accessories to go with it?
    I got the Titanium color. No accessories yet, though I am thinking of getting a case soon. This is my first time having a phone with a glass back and I'm pretty paranoid about taking the phone out of my pocket while I'm outside. But the phone is just so pretty that it's becoming harder and harder to consider slapping a case on it
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-19-2017 07:46 PM
    I got the Titanium color. No accessories yet, though I am thinking of getting a case soon. This is my first time having a phone with a glass back and I'm pretty paranoid about taking the phone out of my pocket while I'm outside. But the phone is just so pretty that it's becoming harder and harder to consider slapping a case on it
    I definitely understand what you are saying - glass backs can be a little intimidating! My Honor 8 is all glass too - I've had it for a year and so far it's been holding up well! So don't worry too much - as long as you're careful and grab a screen protector or a case (even a slim one!), you shouldn't have any issues.

You can always grab a clear screen protector for your phone - something slim to keep its original feel.
    Auric Jarrel likes this.
    12-19-2017 07:51 PM
    Have had mine since late August. Only issue I have is typing. I can't leave gestures on in any keyboard including the LG keyboard. Which while the LG keyboard isn't the worst I've used, I like Gboard the most, with Swiftkey taking second place. But, if gestures/gliding/swyping is on while typing it will occasionally start to try to glide when I'm just using my thumbs. Which is annyoying, and it seems inconsistent. However, I also didn't have this occurring until the october update from T-Mobile, never had it before that. So I've just turned gesture typing off and use my thumbs or voice which honestly I rarely used the glide anyway.

I've had some minor annoyance with the brightness at times. Tried another auto brightness app that you can calibrate but didn't think it was any better. What I did learn is you can set the delay for adjustment in that app, so the screen isn't going to change brightness while you are interacting/touching it. After using that app, I think that's how LG has the auto-brightness setup. I've noticed now if its to bright or low if I just keep my fingers off the screen for a couple seconds, it will adjust. So I've really become quite happy with this, I have not had an issue with it in direct sunlight, its always readable.

Otherwise, no complaints. The technology beast in me craves for the bigger better faster newer thing constantly. I recently had to go to Best Buy and play with a bunch of phones to get it out of my system and it did me a lot of good. Nothing I tried, not the S8, Note 8, the iPhone X, iPhone 8, Moto ZF2, V30, Pixel 2/XL was so far above the G6 in any capacity that it justified another upgrade right now. Not for the price you can get these for. Is the SD 835 chip better on battery and performs a little better? Yep, just a little, not enough for double the price. Is the Note 8 screen incredible looking? Yep, Played a game on it, stunning screen. The V30 is a stunning device, love the look and feel, but it doesn't feel as durable as the G6 and it doesn't sound like the cameras or screen are worth the cost to upgrade. The pixel 2, same size as the G6 but the G6 has way more screen. Those bezels are awful. Pixel 2XL, again, like the V30, stunning device. But with the issues its had and the price, I can't justify it over the G6. Plus, for me the Pixel 2XL is just to big as is the Note 8. The iPhones, X costs to much and I don't like iOS anyway, and I'm not doing the bezels on the iphone 8. There's a part of me that wants the OP 5T but the G6 has better cameras, wireless charging, and I kind of don't trust that companies software right now. A guy at work had an S5 that had a cracked screen for the last year and just got the G6 on my recommendation. Verizon had a $100 gift card and he didn't want the curved screen of the Galaxy phones.

TL DR; for me at this point the G6 at its current price point is just to damn good of a phone. Crazy performance and features for the money. It should get Oreo, has a headphone jack, is water resistant, dust resistant, shock resistant, wireless charging, wide angle lens, the software doesn't get in its way like every galaxy I've had and I get good battery life. In fact standby battery life is phenomenal. You can't go wrong with this phone. Got my silver ice one in a black Spigen TPU case with a tempered screen protector on it.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-22-2017 12:26 PM
34 12