Lately my Verizon LG G6 will no longer copy & paste my Handcent messages. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the VS98814A update that installed a few weeks ago. Is there something I can do to get my C&P of Handcent messages working again?

I hate this phone! This issue of no C&P is just the icing on the cake. This phone has horrible battery life, horrible volume, and almost no storage.
    01-06-2018 08:34 PM
    Lately my Verizon LG G6 will no longer copy & paste my Handcent messages. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the VS98814A update that installed a few weeks ago. Is there something I can do to get my C&P of Handcent messages working again?

I hate this phone! This issue of no C&P is just the icing on the cake. This phone has horrible battery life, horrible volume, and almost no storage.
    I use several messaging apps, and the G6 cuts and pastes fine. Could it be a Handcent thing?
    01-07-2018 08:05 PM
    The phone has great battery life, it has enough storagr 32gb+ depends on market, and it supports sd cards so i don't understand the storage issue, and the volume if you mean the main speaker is loud enough to hear the upcoming calls. So basicly only thing about your phone that is horrible by me is the owner. SorryLG G6 will not copy/paste Handcent messages.-capture-2b_2018-01-04-08-28-01.png
    01-08-2018 08:08 AM

I don't use Handcent so I haven't had any issues cutting and pasting. My suggestion would be to first try rebooting the phone to see if that helps. If you're still can't, uninstall Handcent and re-install.
    01-08-2018 10:47 AM
    Well that was rude to say about me!
    01-08-2018 11:25 AM
    So, you use more than one messaging app? If you don't mind my asking, what messaging apps do you use?
    01-08-2018 11:27 AM
    Sorry LKing i was joking about the that owner part. I am super satisfied with the G6 i'm sorry that you have issues with it.

So basicly correct me if i'm wrong but the copy/paste isn't working for you in LG's OTA app for messaging ?
    01-08-2018 11:42 AM
    I don't know what OTA app is. It doesn't copy paste from the Handcent app. When I try to copy a text in Handcent, then paste it anywhere (Word, email, anthe text msg, etc.) the copied text does mot appear when I try to paste.
    01-08-2018 03:06 PM
    Okay, I downloaded Handcent next SMS, which I'm guessing is the app you're talking about, and I noticed something weird.

Choosing the text I wanted to copy and doing a long press brought up the menu that gives you the option to copy text. Clicking to copy text and pasting in another app did not work, but I noticed that the phone's copy option pops up after clicking on the Handcent option, and clicking that second copy button did allow me to paste in other apps.

So, pick the message you want to copy, long press, pick 'copy text', be patient and see if a second small 'copy' button appears. If it does, tap the second button as well and you should be able to paste in other apps. That's how it works in my T-Mobile G6.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-08-2018 07:33 PM
    I've been,dealing with this issue for a few weeks. I have never seen a 2nd copy pop up. In facy, it take forever for the 1st copy to appear.

Thank you for trying to work this out for me! I've used Handcent for years, but honestly, I'm over it. I'm thinking it maybe time to switch, even if it's to the stock messaging app.
    01-08-2018 09:27 PM
    I've been,dealing with this issue for a few weeks. I have never seen a 2nd copy pop up. In facy, it take forever for the 1st copy to appear.

Thank you for trying to work this out for me! I've used Handcent for years, but honestly, I'm over it. I'm thinking it maybe time to switch, even if it's to the stock messaging app.
    Here are the two copy boxes. LG G6 will not copy/paste Handcent messages.-capture-2b_2018-01-09-05-18-38_20180109052341535.jpgLG G6 will not copy/paste Handcent messages.-capture-2b_2018-01-09-05-19-01.jpg
    01-09-2018 07:29 AM