I have the Verizon G6 and it's currently running the November security patch. But, I have always noticed when the WiFi signal strength is 2 bars or less, I get a lost connection notification. It also will disconnect from wifi more often if the signal is less than 3 bars. Does anyone else have issues with the wifi signal strength affecting the performance of your phone or it disconnecting from the router?
    01-12-2018 09:45 AM
    Is there anything in the Advanced Wi-fi settings related to connecting to strong wi-fi signals only? I recall that some phones have this setting, but not sure about the G6.
    01-12-2018 12:22 PM
    Is there anything in the Advanced Wi-fi settings related to connecting to strong wi-fi signals only? I recall that some phones have this setting, but not sure about the G6.
    It does have this setting, but it's switched off.
    01-12-2018 01:09 PM
    Have you tried turning off your mobile/internet connections and then re-connecting? Are any other phones/devices within the same home also experiencing a disconnection?
    01-13-2018 05:27 PM
    Have you tried turning off your mobile/internet connections and then re-connecting? Are any other phones/devices within the same home also experiencing a disconnection?
    We have switched internet providers at home. From Comcast to Att and I've experienced this same issue with this phone. It reconnects right away, but it's really annoying especially when I'm playing a game that requires an internet connection to a game server and it kicks me out of the game. I also think the signal strength isn't accurate on my phone. I may be investing in a wifi extender for my house. But it just sucks when my wife has no problems with her wifi working on her iPhone when we're sitting in the same room.

On a side note, I tried and tried to not switch from the faster home internet to Att because I knew we'd experience slow WiFi when we have Netflix going and both of us are on our phones. I usually can forget about trying to have reliable WiFi on my phone when she's on her laptop and Netflix is playing. I don't recall what speed it is.

My main gripe, though, is that it seems that every other device seems to take precedence over mine when it comes to connection speeds. If that's even a thing. My phone is often kicked to the curb by our router when it comes to reliable wifi. Hope this makes sense.
    01-15-2018 08:06 AM
    Is your router's firmware up to date?
    01-15-2018 06:39 PM
    Are you using AT&T's router?
    01-17-2018 06:24 PM
    Are you using AT&T's router?
    Yes
    01-18-2018 07:59 AM
    I had a problem with phone internet speed being slow. The laptop speed was fine. I read that certain apps can slow it down, so I hybernated the WGN weather app, using an app, and the speed went from 0.0 to 5.56 megabytes per second! Needless to say the app is gone.
    03-23-2018 11:00 AM