Power off LG G6 with hardware keys (non functional screen)

icuucmedmt

Jan 17, 2018
Visit site
Is it possible to power off the LG G6 without having screen functionality?

My LG G6 screen isn’t working and my alarm is going off every 5 minutes (snoozing). Is their any way to shut off the phone with just hardware keys?

rap1

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to power off the LG G6 without having screen functionality?

My LG G6 screen isn’t working and my alarm is going off every 5 minutes (snoozing). Is their any way to shut off the phone with just hardware keys?
Try holding down the power button on the fingerprint sensor for about 10 seconds. Not sure if that will turn it off or reboot but should get rid of the alarm either way. I don't remember how long exactly you have to hold the button.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

rap1

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Try holding down the power button on the fingerprint sensor for about 10 seconds. Not sure if that will turn it off or reboot but should get rid of the alarm either way. I don't remember how long exactly you have to hold the button.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk
Ok just tried and that didn't work. Does the screen register touch? If so do the above and the touch the screen about a half inch down where the power off would appear.
6d11b3c4e33d9c317552c103fee25149.jpg

Peter Postma

Jan 17, 2018
Visit site
Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Down button (located on the left edge) and the Power button (located on the back) until the device powers off (approximately 5 seconds) then release

But hold it too long and it goes to a hard reset. I had to do that power down on mine, it powered off at 4.5 seconds, so exactly 5 seconds is pretty safe.

*Addition* That was the reboot. Releasing the power while holding down the volume down prevents restarting, or at least leaves it in a standby mode

source: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...support/knowledge-base-210759/&token=QtqM7M-x

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01