Oreo Update?

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
It seems no matter which phone I chose (aside from Pixel, obviously), every other phone manufacturer/carrier releases the latest OS update well before my phone receives.

Crossing my fingers this is true. LG G6 on T-Mobile.

Seriously...me too! If LG is giving up trying to release flagship devices once or twice a year, I sure hope they give some of that attention to existing models!

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Seriously...me too! If LG is giving up trying to release flagship devices once or twice a year, I sure hope they give some of that attention to existing models!

I hope so too. I like my G6, but I'd like it even more if I knew it was getting timely updates. I bought the Moto X PE because of the reputation the original Moto X earned with fast updates when it was owned by the Goog. Lenovo burned me. LG better not. I needs my Oreo!

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I hope so too. I like my G6, but I'd like it even more if I knew it was getting timely updates. I bought the Moto X PE because of the reputation the original Moto X earned with fast updates when it was owned by the Goog. Lenovo burned me. LG better not. I needs my Oreo!

Yeah Moto really dropped the ball with the Moto x pe. I've sworn them off since then.

Sadly since then I just assume my phone won't be updated and just try to enjoy them as is. Constantly waiting for updates is no way to live.

I do hope Oreo makes this thing snappier because right now it seems super sluggish at times.

ShaneRay

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Just catching up on the G6 forums (not here often). After reading the tweet droidman posted above, I checked Fido's site (my carrier in Canada) and they now have Oreo listed as "coming soon" for the G6. So, good news there.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
so today is when the canadian carriers are supposedly starting to push the update. Has anyone in Canada seen it yet?

brian10161

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm still sitting on 7.0 with December security patch. Carrier is Koodo (Telus) in Canada. Bought mine from Koodo direct, said Telus on the box haha

brian10161

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
How is Koodo? I'm with Rogers and am thinking of switching...

I have been with Koodo for a few years, its Telus/Bell towers from what I understand anyway. I have never had any issues to be honest, I have gone through a few phones from them (I buy them and then resell them when I want something different) and always just ordered it online as well. All of their tech support stuff is done online, right now my monthly bill with 2 phones and lines is $125 plus tax. That gives my wife 2gb of data and unlimited talk and text Canada wide, and mine is 4gb a month plus unlimited talk and text Canada wide.

I have dropped calls here and there if I am out in the country side, specifically when I was driving back and forth between Orangeville and Kitchener. But in the city, the coverage is as good or better than I remember my Rogers coverage.

I have been with Rogers, Koodo, Telus, Bell and Freedom (Wind). I've stuck with Koodo because the price and service is great to be honest, I also like how there are no "contracts", you just get a tab and can pay it off at anytime. I hate being stuck in a 2 year term, Rogers I had a 3 year and by the end of it, I had actually dropped the Rogers plan to the cheapest plan I could get, then got a line through Koodo and was saving money by having two lines instead of the main Rogers one :O

Edit: Forgot to mention, Rogers I think has VoLTE, Koodo has yet to roll that out here in Ontario. I really wish they would, my phone always has to drop back to 3g to receive a call these days or when I dial out.

Last edited:

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
So yup, LG canada, italy and UK said that oreo for v30 ( which no1 here cares ), and our loved G6 will be between 3-9 march.

Ladies and gentlemen i think someone lied to us. And that someone is called "lucky" goldstar

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah Moto really dropped the ball with the Moto x pe. I've sworn them off since then.

Sadly since then I just assume my phone won't be updated and just try to enjoy them as is. Constantly waiting for updates is no way to live.

I do hope Oreo makes this thing snappier because right now it seems super sluggish at times.

Probably shouldn't swear them off too much, my Z2play has 7.1.1 and Feb security update . . My LG G6 has 7.0.0 and December security update, so there's that.

I've always said I don't get too bent about updates, but this one has me cranky because on my Z2play (7.1) I can long press home screen icons and get actionable options, then when I go to the g6 I can't (7.0) 😣

brian10161

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Still sitting on December 1 security patch and Android 7.0. Pretty safe to assume that tweet was false. At least I still like my G6, battery life has been great and performance is awesome, I'm happy I didn't pay an arm and a leg for it.

Koodo G6 user here. I'll post back if I get any updates.

Last edited: