Oreo Update?

NoAhB0Dy

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have any insight into if / when we can expect an Oreo update for the G6?

I was sure hoping LG finally got on the update bandwagon after the few early updates they sent out but it's really starting to look like they're going back to their old ways 😡

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Not that soon. I've read stories that it will come somewhere around Valentine's day. Some say it won't come up until April. 😳😵

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I just saw the T-Mobile Oreo software update page and there is not a single LG phone on it. Not even the V30!

that site is so far behind, i dont even pay attention to it. on a side note AC ran a story a while about about an 8.0 beta seen running in china, so its possible we could get it sometime this year. (at least i hope).

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The T-Mobile Nougat update page was on point the whole time. That's the only reason I was surprised not to see LG included. The HTC life's Oreo update was listed on the page.

I sent T-Mobile a tweet. Maybe they'll send me a reply.

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Today i read the article posted by LG Italy that G6 will get oreo in 1st quater of 2018. So that can even be in the june. God i hate them currently.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Today i read the article posted by LG Italy that G6 will get oreo in 1st quater of 2018. So that can even be in the june. God i hate them currently.
Dumping the G7 and leaving their future phone strategy as a mystery was a terrible step back after the progress LG made with the G6.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
they made a ton of progress with the g6 but it got overshadowed by the s8. its odd that they made that decision to scrap the previous version of the g7 but it sounded more like the new management giving the finger to the previous management. i hope they do not do anything drastic to the g6's successor.

yvpan1

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
i guess we have to wait until the MWC to see what LG brings but i'm sure both G6 and V30 will see O this year, it's just we need to wait a bit.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Patiently waiting for Oreo on the ATT LG G6.

After seeing what could be done with the Google Pixel 2 camera apk on the G6, I sure hope LG was able to make some improvements in terms of speed and image processing.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
It seems no matter which phone I chose (aside from Pixel, obviously), every other phone manufacturer/carrier releases the latest OS update well before my phone receives.

Crossing my fingers this is true. LG G6 on T-Mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs