How is your G6 holding up?

chuckdawg1999

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have social media apps installed and use them, but they never caused a problem. Don't know what happened except for when Verizon pushed to my phone an app called App Flash, that's when I really noticed the change.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure what's causing it. I may try opening in safe mode, to see if it's due to an app. The battery section on this phone's settings really doesn't go into too much detail on what's using the battery, though....

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've also updated prl, profile, and looked for any updates. Just in case that might have an impact on battery life.

Last edited:

chuckdawg1999

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I think I solved the problem. I had a widget for Uber social installed on a home screen and removing that yesterday led me to getting over 14 hours and counting of battery life today

Chrismuss

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
I need help. My glass cracked, however and I can only use my "phone" on speaker. I can't have private conversations. I sent my phone to LG to fix the speaker only , however had to pay the $150 fee because my glass was cracked (I really only cared about the speaker)
Within a week received my phone... glass fixed, speaker still didn't work.

I wanted LG just to send me a refurbished phone because it was their error... No go... I had to be without my phone for another week. Got a temp replacement (on my own) sent it back to TX, just received my phone yesterday, speaker worked for 1 phone call... Same issue returned..... They CAN'T FIX MY PHONE! They still want me to be without my phone for another week while they attempt a 3rd repair:( we tried all management levels at LG with no success. Most may be solid, but for some reason they can't fix my phone and won't offer even a refurbished replacement:(

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I need help. My glass cracked, however and I can only use my "phone" on speaker. I can't have private conversations. I sent my phone to LG to fix the speaker only , however had to pay the $150 fee because my glass was cracked (I really only cared about the speaker)

I wanted LG just to send me a refurbished phone because it was their error... No go... I had to be without my phone for another week. Got a temp replacement (on my own) sent it back to TX, just received my phone yesterday, speaker worked for 1 phone call... Same issue returned..... They CAN'T FIX MY PHONE! They still want me to be without my phone for another week while they attempt a 3rd repair:( we tried all management levels at LG with no success. Most may be solid, but for some reason they can't fix my phone and won't offer even a refurbished replacement:(
BOOO!!!!

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site

It sucks, but your cracked screen trumps any and all warranty issues you might have. From LG's perspective, they can't prove that the speaker problem wasn't caused from the drop that cracked your glass. That's why you had to pay the $150 fee to repair it. Now once, they did repair it, any and all issues (barring another cracked screen or other physical/liquid damage) would be covered by a 30 or possibly 90 day warranty. That's why they're attempting to fix it again. Also from their perspective it's not the 3rd attempt at repair, but the second since the first was (again, from their perspective) not a warranty malfunction. You might have better leverage for replacement if they have to repair it for a 4 time (from your perspective).

All that said, it sucks that you're having the speaker problem and everyone here can certainly relate to some degree. Hopefully they'll get it fixed this time.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Awful. My phone has had issues since the day I bought it. I hate this phone. It's up there with the worst phones I've ever had. Am I the only one that's had that bad of an experience with this device? It's such a bummer because I used to be a Samsung guy, but I am still more drawn to the design of LG's phones now. Not a fan of Samsung's edge screens.

Few issues I've had since purchasing my device:
1. From day one the audio jack had a constant issue of whenever somethings plugged into it, acting like it was not plugged in all the way or something of that matter. Apparently a common G6 issue. It pretty much made my device unusable in that aspect besides anything except bluetooth.

2. Constant device stutters, lags, freezing, apps not working etc. Still goes on to this day.

3. Wifi on this phone SUCKS. I have nothing but issues. I work in a hospital so reception is quite iffy in the area that I work which happens to be a basement. I can connect to hospital Wifi, but after a certain amount of time you have to re-accept terms of the Wifi which is supposed to generally pop up automatically after you connect to the wifi connection. Unfortunately, only about 2% of the time does that actually happen unless you keep screwing around with it or sometimes, doesn't happen at all. So, another aspect that the device is quite useless when I can't connect and have no service.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Awful. My phone has had issues since the day I bought it. I hate this phone. It's up there with the worst phones I've ever had. Am I the only one that's had that bad of an experience with this device? It's such a bummer because I used to be a Samsung guy, but I am still more drawn to the design of LG's phones now. Not a fan of Samsung's edge screens.

1. From day one the audio jack had a constant issue of whenever somethings plugged into it, acting like it was not plugged in all the way or something of that matter. Apparently a common G6 issue. It pretty much made my device unusable in that aspect besides anything except bluetooth.

2. Constant device stutters, lags, freezing, apps not working etc. Still goes on to this day.

3. Wifi on this phone SUCKS. I have nothing but issues. I work in a hospital so reception is quite iffy in the area that I work which happens to be a basement. I can connect to hospital Wifi, but after a certain amount of time you have to re-accept terms of the Wifi which is supposed to generally pop up automatically after you connect to the wifi connection. Unfortunately, only about 2% of the time does that actually happen unless you keep screwing around with it or sometimes, doesn't happen at all. So, another aspect that the device is quite useless when I can't connect and have no service.
I have some stutter, but I haven't had the other issues. It's crazy how different the same device can work between different people. I've seen this in every forum I've ever been a part of. You'd think there would be some sort of tech lemon law or something for people who have bad luck with a specific device.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site

If you had issues since day one then exchange the phone. Since you continued to keep the phone despite its problems, it's really your fault to continue dealing with it. I've had problems too, but that was few months later. Not day one. Or I would've exchanged it asap

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
i had my g6 a year maybe more right after i got it maybe a month the buzz stopped working completely i never got it repaird cuz i canceld tmobile and they denied warranty repair but the phone still sorta works just no buzz right now im trying to flash the unlocked firmware on it thats clean of all tmobile stuff

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown