How to route audo through the USB-C port

bryan10983

Feb 22, 2018
Visit site
Hi Everyone:
Recently the headphone port on my G6 quit working. I don't have the money for a repair, so I took a USB-C - 1/8th inch port converter and plugged it in.
That didn't work, so I turned on developer mode, went into the dev options and changed "Select USB Configuration" from Charging Only to Audio Source.
The problem is that it doesn't stay as Audio Source for very long (or at all - it reverts to Charging Only) and even when it does stay as Audio Source, the audio doesn't play through the headphones.
If anyone could help me out on this, I would be immensely grateful.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone:
Recently the headphone port on my G6 quit working. I don't have the money for a repair, so I took a USB-C - 1/8th inch port converter and plugged it in.
That didn't work, so I turned on developer mode, went into the dev options and changed "Select USB Configuration" from Charging Only to Audio Source.
The problem is that it doesn't stay as Audio Source for very long (or at all - it reverts to Charging Only) and even when it does stay as Audio Source, the audio doesn't play through the headphones.
If anyone could help me out on this, I would be immensely grateful.
That is odd because the USB C dongle from my Pixel works on my G5 and V20. Who's adaptor are you using? There are two types.... passthrough like the ones Motorola uses which use the internal audio chip. In this case the dongle is just an adapter. The dongle for Google or HTC has a digital DAC built in and converts the digital signal to audio.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
That is odd because the USB C dongle from my Pixel works on my G5 and V20. Who's adaptor are you using? There are two types.... passthrough like the ones Motorola uses which use the internal audio chip. In this case the dongle is just an adapter. The dongle for Google or HTC has a digital DAC built in and converts the digital signal to audio.
Yes, what he said. I bought a dongle from Google for my G6 and it works great. Well, most of the time. Sometimes it will randomly stop playing. But the sound is definitely better through the USB C than through the headphone jack.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan