Leaving the G6... to Note 8 or S9?

anon(10311036)

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys.

My G6 is on 7.0 and october security pach.. I love my phone, but lately Its been having some bugs that anoys me..

I want your opinion, between this two, wich should I buy? Note 8 or S9+? I live in brazil, so no Snapdragon here. Just Samsung Exynos. From the G6, I enjoy gestures and the fingerprint scaner.. but im worried both samsungs phones are more fragile than my g6.

Im not a fan of curved bezels, but Ill give a try.. let me know what you guys think

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The glass will be more fragile because, well, it's all glass and it's curved now. But unless you have an use for the S-Pen or in your region the Note is heavily discounted vs the new S9 line, I'd say go for the S9+. The curves on the S9 are a little less pronounced than with the Note 8, so it'd also feel closer to what you're used to on your S6.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
This is purely my opinion, but I'd go for the S9+. If you are looking for an experience that is less like Samsung, you can always download a launcher (like Nova) to perhaps get some gestures or other useful tools back into your day-to-day phone usage.

If fragility of the phones are a drawback, tempered glass screen protectors and hard/Otterbox cases are your friends!

I've been using a glass phone for 16 months and the front/back screen have not been cracked or badly damaged. My screen is a little curved as well. All I've been using for protection is a tempered glass screen protector and simple cases. You will be fine! :)

anon(10311036)

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
This is purely my opinion, but I'd go for the S9+. If you are looking for an experience that is less like Samsung, you can always download a launcher (like Nova) to perhaps get some gestures or other useful tools back into your day-to-day phone usage.

If fragility of the phones are a drawback, tempered glass screen protectors and hard/Otterbox cases are your friends!

I've been using a glass phone for 16 months and the front/back screen have not been cracked or badly damaged. My screen is a little curved as well. All I've been using for protection is a tempered glass screen protector and simple cases. You will be fine! :)

Thats the problem, im not finding tempered glass screen protectors and a a nice case. But ok.. at this point ill leave it to the price. S9 starts seling here just next week. Maybe the price of the note 8 or even the s8+ drops considereably.

anon(10311036)

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
The glass will be more fragile because, well, it's all glass and it's curved now. But unless you have an use for the S-Pen or in your region the Note is heavily discounted vs the new S9 line, I'd say go for the S9+. The curves on the S9 are a little less pronounced than with the Note 8, so it'd also feel closer to what you're used to on your S6.

My G6 holded down very nice a few drops in a case. Do you think Samsung and Lg resistance are pretty much the same?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae