1 Year On

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I miss my G6. Had mine for 7 months (which is a long time for me) before I went through the following devices: HTC 10, Mate 9, Pixel, OnePlus 5 and now HTC U11 in a span of 4 months. My G6 had issues (screen capture didn't work, constant app closures), but it had the best form factor with all the features I wanted/needed (waterproof, expandable storage, headphone jack). And I loved the camera, especially the wide angle. So far HTC U11 has been great, but the lack of a headphone jack and the wide angle option is bothering me. If I do change again, it'll be for the V30. If the G7 gets a notch, I'm not going near that. Not getting anything with a notch.
I agree - the G6 has the best form factor of 2017, in my opinion. It was a dream to hold in the hand I loved the design.
Yep, the form factor is what I miss. I keep grabbing it every couple days and I almost switch back but then I use it for five minutes and good grief it feels slow after using the Pixel 2 for a couple weeks.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yep, the form factor is what I miss. I keep grabbing it every couple days and I almost switch back but then I use it for five minutes and good grief it feels slow after using the Pixel 2 for a couple weeks.

I don't blame you one bit. It's a gorgeous phone. I think it was the most beautiful phone of 2017. And overall, I think it was underrated. The G6 and V30 are awesome!

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I just gave up my G6 and I'm kinda wishing I didn't. The charging port went bad on it and I missed the 1 year warranty period for exchange with T-Mo by 3 days. So either deal with warranty with LG or use my upgrade on demand and get a new phone. I went with the V30. While the V30 is an awesome phone, it's too big, the screen is not very good for normal daily tasks (too bright at night too). The G6's screen is awesome for daily use. I can use it just fine with one hand. The V30 however is super fast, even compared to the G6 I noticed improvements. And the DAC is just freaking awesome to have. So, I wish I could have best of both but I can't. So, for me the G6 fit the bill better. Oh well, maybe the G7 (or whatever it'll be called) will be even better for me.

thebear

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry I didn't carefully read your post. You did indicate you could send it to LG.

The g6 has a 2 year warranty in the USA. You indicated it was with t-mobile. You should have been able to send it back to lg to get it fixed.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry I didn't carefully read your post. You did indicate you could send it to LG.

The g6 has a 2 year warranty in the USA. You indicated it was with t-mobile. You should have been able to send it back to lg to get it fixed.

Yep, I'm aware LG has a 2 year warranty. I just chose to not go through it. I'm happy with the V30, but I believe I was happier with the G6, was basically my point.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
The V30 is the only phone I would upgrade to. Just sort of concerned about the size difference. The form factor of the G6 is perfect for me. I would love the camera on the V30 though.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The V30 is the only phone I would upgrade to. Just sort of concerned about the size difference. The form factor of the G6 is perfect for me. I would love the camera on the V30 though.

I too was concerned about the size of the V30; especially when one has already held the G6.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I have both the G6 and the V30. Physical size is almost identical. V30 screen is larger though.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
This is great to know - thank you for sharing! I'd thought that the V30 would be noticeably larger. Thanks for clarifying! :)

You can hold the V30 easily with one hand. However, for me, the G6 is much easier to use with one hand. I have to hold the V30 with both hands for most tasks.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
You can hold the V30 easily with one hand. However, for me, the G6 is much easier to use with one hand. I have to hold the V30 with both hands for most tasks.

I'm quite the opposite. The rounded edges of the V30 makes it feel less clunky and chunky than the G6 to me.

I did like the G6 but the sharp edges would have been one of my complaints.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I think I too had been able to hold the G6 one-handed; while that task (while doable) was a bit harder with the V30.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I swear, I must have gotten a lemon when I bought the G6 since everyone else loves the phone. I have had nothing but issues with it. Lag, freezing, apps doing weird random stuff, horrible connection, bad battery life, bad audiojack. I could go on and on. I really liked and still do like the feel of the phone and the phone itself and it feels good in the hand and I really enjoy the size of it. I just would wish it would have performed better. It was so bad for me I said I would never buy another LG phone again.

That is... until T-Mobile dropped the price of the V30 recently to 696 dollars... Though not the best, this phone performs a lot better and has a larger, more colorful screen. I feel like this is what the G6 should have been.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I swear, I must have gotten a lemon when I bought the G6 since everyone else loves the phone. I have had nothing but issues with it. Lag, freezing, apps doing weird random stuff, horrible connection, bad battery life, bad audiojack. I could go on and on. I really liked and still do like the feel of the phone and the phone itself and it feels good in the hand and I really enjoy the size of it. I just would wish it would have performed better. It was so bad for me I said I would never buy another LG phone again.

That is... until T-Mobile dropped the price of the V30 recently to 696 dollars... Though not the best, this phone performs a lot better and has a larger, more colorful screen. I feel like this is what the G6 should have been.

I'm so sorry you did not have a good experience with the G6; but that's great that you are loving your V30! Enjoy it!

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

That is... until T-Mobile dropped the price of the V30 recently to 696 dollars... Though not the best, this phone performs a lot better and has a larger, more colorful screen. I feel like this is what the G6 should have been.[/QUOTE

I think phones are getting way too expensive. $696 as a "deal" is crazy to me

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Its so good to see a discussion in the forums where people rave about a device or at the least aren't inclined to replace it. I was originally going to hunt for a GS7 Edge, but I'm seeing deals on open box or in some case new LG6's in the $225-$235 area. Seems like a lot of phone for that kind of money. My alternative would be the OnePlus 3T but they're going used for nearly $300!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Its so good to see a discussion in the forums where people rave about a device or at the least aren't inclined to replace it. I was originally going to hunt for a GS7 Edge, but I'm seeing deals on open box or in some case new LG6's in the $225-$235 area. Seems like a lot of phone for that kind of money. My alternative would be the OnePlus 3T but they're going used for nearly $300!

I'd totally recommend the G6! A great purchase, especially for that kind of a price!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Just read the new post from the guy slamming his G6 when compared to a Nexus 6P. Call me crazy but if I remember correctly ALL the Nexus phones had issues and the Pixel has them also.