Reinstalling STOCK ROM (NO ROOT) To get rid of carriers bloatware!

anon(10311036)

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
So, I have been in a love/hate situation with my LG G6. I bought it in a carrier, so it came with a lots of pre installed games (that I can disable but not uninstall) and a lot of carrier bloatware. Wich later i realized that the carrier apps were draining my baterry. So I contact LG in my country and they explained me that I can install a STOCK rom without the carrier bloatware and without loosing my warranty. So here I post the tutorial, but make sure you guys contact LG first to ask about warranty. It may vary from contry to contry.

So lets go.

WARNING:

- Neither I nor Android Central are responsible for any damage to the unit and its components / accessories. Do it for your decision, because our intention is just to try to help, but without commitment if something goes wrong. Read the entire tutorial before you run it.
- Charge your battery fully, you do not know if something can go wrong, even if the tutorial has already been tested.
- The H870 model roms work on the H870i, you can install them without fear of losing internal storage.
- You will not lose your files, but a backup is always good!
- This process does not invalidate LG's warranty, but if you are in an international rom and have to bring the device to service, return to the contry rom (if the device is linked, to any carrier)

Required files:

ROM (select your device model and region, make sure to download a RETAIL ROM): https://lg-firmwares.com/lg-h870-firmwares/

LG UP: http://cdn.droidviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.zip

LG UP dll: https://mega.nz/#!ex8UXYrL!I55QBgPhkYPhFTCPweu0zi51H4g7uKuuCG-RtfCWhw0

LG DRIVERS: http://tool.xcdn.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=UW00120120425

Installation
Download the files and install the drivers, the LG UP and the LG G6 DLL for the LG UP;
Turn off your LG G6 and press the volume plus button while connecting the USB to the computer;

In download mode, return to the computer. In LG UP, select "Upgrade", search for the rom with .kdz extension downloaded and open it;

When loading, click "Start" to start the installation;

Wait for the process to complete and do not remove the USB cable until the installation is finished on the computer, because the device will restart automatically before the installation is complete.

Remember that the first boot may take a few minutes.

Its done!

In the lg-firmwares.com/ you can find other models firmwares as well.

Since I get rid of my carrier ROM, my baterry life improved a lot! Hope this thread help you guys.

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
i just have to say i tried using the lgup tool and its way broken and DOES NOT work everytime it gets an error lgup cant load the model and thats the end i give up

anon(10311036)

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Mine worked fine. Im runing a stock rom with no bloatwares. Also my battery life increased. Wich G6 is your model? Did you installed the lg dll and the drivers on your pc?

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Mine worked fine. Im runing a stock rom with no bloatwares. Also my battery life increased. Wich G6 is your model? Did you installed the lg dll and the drivers on your pc?

what do you mean by bloatware what did this remove explain in detail please include a list of the apps removed?

anon(10311036)

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
what do you mean by bloatware what did this remove explain in detail please include a list of the apps removed?

I got my phone from I carrier in Brazil, so it came with Asphalt, Spider Man unlimited, a disney game that i cant remenber the name, the carrier music player and video streaming service (prety much a generic spotify and netflix we have down here). So thats what I mean when I say bloatware.. all those apps couldnt be uninstalled. So now I get almost 3 GB extra from storage and my phone is free from the carrier ads.

ksmithservices

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
This isn't the same as "stock Android" though, right? which is loved because it's lightweight and better battery...
wonder if it's worth it on my AT&T H871

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech