SIM Card Cradle Cracked

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else encounter problem with SIM card cradle cracking? Went to remove mine to upgrade the SD card. Popped open the cradle and found it stuck. Turns out that the cradle broke while inside the unit. There's still a piece still wedged inside that won't come out. So without phone because LG skimped in the cradle and saved a couple cents on plastic cradle vs metal. Now have to send in for repair / replacement. What a joke.

TonyHove

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else encounter problem with SIM card cradle cracking? Went to remove mine to upgrade the SD card. Popped open the cradle and found it stuck. Turns out that the cradle broke while inside the unit. There's still a piece still wedged inside that won't come out. So without phone because LG skimped in the cradle and saved a couple cents on plastic cradle vs metal. Now have to send in for repair / replacement. What a joke.

Same happened to me last year when I had this phone. Definitely a design flaw

russ351

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
Yep. On my 3rd G6. That one had a fingerprint sensor issue. When I sent it to LG for repair, I discovered the broken Sim tray. They replaced the tray while repairing the sensor. I have backup phones, so no big deal.

floriyann

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Exactly same happened with me as well...Luckily I was able to pull out the piece stuck in the phone. Arranged a after market simtray to use the phone again..

The exact same issue happened to me. Except that I wasn't that lucky. I bought the Dual Sim version on Ebay so there was no warranty to repair it under. And I tried to remove the part broken from inside the phone but it became impossible to do so. And I bought a sim tray in the market thinking that I would be able eventually to take it out and replace but nothing came out, sim tray replacement can't go in, and lose phone signal 70% of the time in a day leading to people never being able to reach me. The Sim Tray is so unbelievably fragile on LG phones. I never had something like that with my previous phones. Which is one the reasons why I will never buy an LG phone ever again.

ninfaboy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The same thing happened to me last month.
I have a friend who arranges cell phones, dismantled and removed the broken piece.
Soldered the sd card connectors and closed everything.
Now I can not get the phone to recognize the SD card and the microphone stops working.
Everything very strange what is happening with this model.
wanted to trade for lg v30, but now I do not know.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Exactly same happened with me as well...Luckily I was able to pull out the piece stuck in the phone. Arranged a after market simtray to use the phone again..
Where did you get the after market tray?

Just got my phone back with repair, I'd like to get a backup tray should this happen again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2