Verizon rolling out Oreo

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Felt my phone getting warm in my pocket, opened it up and saw it was downloading an update. I figured it was another security update, but when I tapped on the notification I see this:

Screenshot_2018-05-21-11-32-07.jpg

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday, T-MO sent the April security update, so maybe T-MO is getting close to sending out Oreo also. Crossing all my phalanges!

rap1

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
You would think unlocked phones would het them first. I have an Lg G6+ from Amazon Prime. Last update was April 1st and that was the December security patches. Still on Android 7.0.

chuckdawg1999

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I noticed I lost the smart location smart lock option, added it in with all the other problems I've been having and figured Oreo would fix it. Checked for updates and BOOM downloading it now

chuckdawg1999

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Well none of the issues I've had with Gmail are fixed and now apparently they've removed my notification sounds for each tab. Guess it wasn't a popular feature

rap1

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I noticed I lost the smart location smart lock option, added it in with all the other problems I've been having and figured Oreo would fix it. Checked for updates and BOOM downloading it now
I read somewhere that smart location unlock was removed from play services because of some security risk. Hopefully it will return.

chuckdawg1999

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, it wasn't that great. One room in my house would have an entirely different geographic point from another. I had several dozen locations saved for my home

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Very cool to wake up to the update.....but I only had like 26% battery left....and thought it was just a security update from Verizon........after letting it fly an hour later....... OREO 8.0

Lots of UI tweaks.....and I am using nova launcher. I have not tried to use the stock home launcher......how does it seem to you all that use it?

oPryzeLP

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Very cool to wake up to the update.....but I only had like 26% battery left....and thought it was just a security update from Verizon........after letting it fly an hour later....... OREO 8.0

Lots of UI tweaks.....and I am using nova launcher. I have not tried to use the stock home launcher......how does it seem to you all that use it?

One big issue is that the LG Home launcher is still set for Nougat. As a result, I can no longer set custom icons. This reset all my icons to the default look and my only recourse is to install a custom launcher, which I'm afraid will likely have more issues than the one that came with my phone.

Very frustrating for someone like myself that doesn't mess around with my phone and likes to keep it stock. A great stock feature, now missing.

I spoke with LG's live chat support, they said I would hear back from devs within 48 hours. For some reason, I'm not hopeful... We'll see.

EDIT:
Little update... I contacted LG twitter support. They said they "don't know" if it will come in the next update. They said all I have to do is wait for the next update. Wow geniuses... So instead of working to make sure it's in an update, they just showed me away essentially telling me to do away with LG software.

Last edited:

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Only used the phone with oreo now for less than 24 hours.....but so many improvements with lagg issues...(which were not that much actually).

Lots of little UI changes and options.....so far my phone is performing much better all-round. Hope it continues...

My bluetooth connections work much much better too! I have a few diff speakers...and had issues changing from one to another....now it hands off and connects fast.

I like many of the notifications for apps in use...like audio source changing from speaker to phone instantly with toggle option in the notifications.

I also noticed the charging notification shows correctly fast charging, slow charging and such like it is supposed to. Before....sometimes it would say slow charging or fast charging with the same fast charger. Little things like this I am noticing work like they should.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams