Verizon rolling out Oreo

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
After the first couple of days on Oreo it seems my battery life is a little worse than before. By the time I got home last night after work it was down in the mid 60's and before it would be in the mid to upper 70's after a typical days use.
It's possible a reset may help your battery life issue. I almost always do that after getting a major update. I haven't done it yet, but will watch my battery life over the next few days to see how it compares.

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
My battery is fine but I wouldn't consider myself a power user. Frankly I don't think the update was worth it and I wish I could go back

I'm definitely not a power user. My typical day is about dozen text messages and maybe a check or two of the weather and that's about it. No email, no video, no games, and usually no calls. It's doing a little better today. It's 3pm US CDT and it's at 84%

chuckdawg1999

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I don't really consider myself a power user, either, but the battery on the G6 is already underwhelming, for the most part. I don't want it to get any worse. Think I'll sit this update out, or at least delay it until I get a consensus on how it affects the phone... good or bad.

I'm happy I can get over 12 hours out of it

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Well, that sucks... I came to ask how everyone's battery life was after the update. Is everyone experiencing the same? Interested to know if I should hold off on updating (battery life is important to me) or if the update is worth it regardless?

Before Oreo - 5 hours SoT was easy. If I wanted I could squeeze almost 8 hours without using battery saver.

Now, I'm at 60% with 30 minutes of SoT. I've factory reset twice, plus dumped two apps that were using battery that were really of central to my user experience, and it hasn't helped.

Screenshot_2018-05-30-23-32-09.jpg

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Before Oreo - 5 hours SoT was easy. If I wanted I could squeeze almost 8 hours without using battery saver.

Now, I'm at 60% with 30 minutes of SoT. I've factory reset twice, plus dumped two apps that were using battery that were really of central to my user experience, and it hasn't helped.

View attachment 284913

:confused: Ack! Well, sh!t. That really sucks. I'm leaning heavily on the 'Don't Update' side now. Thanks for sharing. Crossing my phalanges that only a small percentage of devices are experiencing worse battery life.

Someone PLEASE give me some good news!

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Ahh - so it's good news! You might be the first that I've seen that is getting better battery life after the update. Congrats!

I mentioned earlier....I get better battery life and 0 problems (verizon). I like Oreo and how it makes my phone better for communications and other actionable things. It just flows better with my use. I also have no battery hogging apps like facecrap and such that constantly tax the system.

So count me as one who is happy with the update so far.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I mentioned earlier....I get better battery life and 0 problems (verizon). I like Oreo and how it makes my phone better for communications and other actionable things. It just flows better with my use. I also have no battery hogging apps like facecrap and such that constantly tax the system.

So count me as one who is happy with the update so far.

Niice! I must have missed your earlier comment. Happy to hear someone's getting improved battery and hope I will too if/when I update.